Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Congrats to tuq!

Tuq,

On the contrary, I like your work in ATF. It often gets a smile out of me. As for Stella, unfortunately, I've posted on the board before that I view it as the Grey Goose of beer. It's a step up from swill, but probably not enough of a step to really be worth the price it commands. However, it's marketed as a super-premium beer, and people eat it up. Even if you're not looking for a bold, exotic beer, I could recommend a half a dozen or so brews that you'd probably like more and are probably better buys. Ommegang's Hennepin and Southampton's Saison probably top that list.

Blarg, Pryor,

I think we're coming to the point where we're just not going to see eye to eye, at least for now. This battle of "why?" vs. "why not?" isn't really going anywhere. We're just going to have to see how things work out in practice. What I can't really understand is how you guys seem to think something dastardly, deceitful, detrimental, damaging, damning, or devious is going on here. No one is trying to undermine anything here. This is Mat's pet forum, and Katy, DB, and I all really like it here, too. We all want to see the Lounge continue to be a good forum.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys so opposed to having more threads, more posters coming through the lounge? Wouldn't it be nice to increase traffic just a little bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously we aren't opposed to that, but when the powers at be do something that's completely out of character then can't come up with a even remotely logical reason despite numerous chances, it starts to seem like they're hiding something

or there's something lacking in their communication skills, but i know from experience that isn't the case

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:36 PM

Skunk,

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pryor15, I'm pretty sure tuq's modding is for meta-entertainment purposes. Mostly though, I think his mod status is meant to pull readers from a different cross-section of 2p2 -- is that idea so offensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nearly offensively dopey. I can't see how anyone would believe tuq being a mod here would do any such thing. People like a forum or they don't. What the heck is tuq going to do about it? And why does he need to be a mod to do it?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 PM

wook,

good use of alliteration.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuq,

On the contrary, I like your work in ATF. It often gets a smile out of me. As for Stella, unfortunately, I've posted on the board before that I view it as the Grey Goose of beer. It's a step up from swill, but probably not enough of a step to really be worth the price it commands. However, it's marketed as a super-premium beer, and people eat it up. Even if you're not looking for a bold, exotic beer, I could recommend a half a dozen or so brews that you'd probably like more and are probably better buys. Ommegang's Hennepin and Southampton's Saison probably top that list.

Blarg, Pryor,

I think we're coming to the point where we're just not going to see eye to eye, at least for now. This battle of "why?" vs. "why not?" isn't really going anywhere. We're just going to have to see how things work out in practice. What I can't really understand is how you guys seem to think something dastardly, deceitful, detrimental, damaging, damning, or devious is going on here. No one is trying to undermine anything here. This is Mat's pet forum, and Katy, DB, and I all really like it here, too. We all want to see the Lounge continue to be a good forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our reasons have been explained a lot better than the reasons contrary to them. A LOT.

I'm pretty certain you know that, too.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And why does he need to be a mod to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I will browse any forum that tuq posts in. And a lot of other good potential TL;DR contributors will too.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This battle of "why?" vs. "why not?" isn't really going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because "why not?" isn't a valid answer to the question of "why?"
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wookie, so you're saying you don't like my work in ATF? Also, your thoughts on Stella Artois? I've taken two down while sweating this thread.

Blarg, I like you care about the forums. So does Mat. I'm on this site as much as most anyone that's not being paid by 2+2. Mat thought that me being part of this community and contributing from as a poster and a mod could be a good thing? I just think there are bigger fish to fry in this world is all.

Klompy, your user notes say "IP ban the next time he asks about his user notes".

[/ QUOTE ]

cool...what do my user notes say?? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mat did the inviting, you Katy and DB did the being informed of the decision afterward.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true. i asked for each of their approvals beforehand. no chance i would have done as you say. no chance that this is a scheme to do the lounge harm. chance it's unnecessary and will be pointless? sure.

you saw me place a team of mods in politics and take them away. it does happen.