Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

ugh this thread tilts me. there's very little i have more disgust for than suburbs, and culdesacs, and every boring shmuck who lives in them, and their annoying precious little offspring.

you're right about one thing: the suburbs are full of morons. so why are you there? if your kid got hit by a car, that would suck. i would never wish that on anyone. but the question i have for you is this: since your children are still full of life, why don't you get them out of this pathetic culdesac and into a more challenging and stimulating and thriving environment before the suburbs suck all the life right of them?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh this thread tilts me. there's very little i have more disgust for than suburbs, and culdesacs, and every boring shmuck who lives in them, and their annoying precious little offspring.

you're right about one thing: the suburbs are full of morons. so why are you there? if your kid got hit by a car, that would suck. i would never wish that on anyone. but the question i have for you is this: since your children are still full of life, why don't you get them out of this pathetic culdesac and into a more challenging and stimulating and thriving environment before the suburbs suck all the life right of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because than you would have to live next store to black people.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:30 PM

next store?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
next store?

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because than you would have to live next door to black people.

[/ QUOTE ]Drive by shooting > Hit by moran
Old 09-09-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mental patients criticizing the OP for letting his kids play in the street know what a cul-de-sac is? Hint: it's not 5th Avenue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. I'm not gonna defend my actions and the actions of other parents in the neighborhood anymore until someone shows me a low traffic, isolated cul de sac with half a dozen kids or more in three or more surrounding houses that DOESN'T use the cul de sac as a common area.

Request for pics (edit: can't get the images working for some reason, so making them links):

Cul De Sac

This is the actual cul de sac. Kids aren't allowed to play outside of the area shown in the pic.

Diagram of development

Pamplin is the entry to the development. At the T where Pamplin ends, there's the stop sign. Make the right and that's the cul de sac in question. The numbered sections are plots for houses. As you can see, this is a short road...anyone thinking 25 mph should EVER be acceptable up that road and in the cds is crazy. It's maybe 80 - 100 feet from the stop sign to the center of the cds.

- C -
Old 09-09-2007, 12:53 AM

Is 25 the speed limit?

Oh yeah, give me more information so I can google earth it.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 AM

The speed limit in that section of the street isn't posted so it defaults to 25 mph.

That said, if a cop were sitting in our cds, and you came to a complete stop at that stop sign, and then you proceeded to accelorate into the cds and manage to hit 25 mph, it's a locked up guarantee you would get cited for wreckless driving. There isn't enough space to reasonably accelorate to 25 mph and come to a stop before running out of road safely.

- C -
Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mental patients criticizing the OP for letting his kids play in the street know what a cul-de-sac is? Hint: it's not 5th Avenue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. I'm not gonna defend my actions and the actions of other parents in the neighborhood anymore until someone shows me a low traffic, isolated cul de sac with half a dozen kids or more in three or more surrounding houses that DOESN'T use the cul de sac as a common area.

Request for pics (edit: can't get the images working for some reason, so making them links):

Cul De Sac

This is the actual cul de sac. Kids aren't allowed to play outside of the area shown in the pic.

Diagram of development

Pamplin is the entry to the development. At the T where Pamplin ends, there's the stop sign. Make the right and that's the cul de sac in question. The numbered sections are plots for houses. As you can see, this is a short road...anyone thinking 25 mph should EVER be acceptable up that road and in the cds is crazy. It's maybe 80 - 100 feet from the stop sign to the center of the cds.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

so the argument of "everyone else is doing it" is acceptable now?

if it were my kids, and knowing there are stupid teenagers in the area, im still of the thought that it is grossly irresponsible to let kids play in the street.

this is a public street, not your front yard, just because you people have kids does not mean the rest of teh world has to listen to you. The kid is obv a douche for running the sign, but to expect everyone to travel at a safe 5mph is ridiculous.

edit: I guess my point is, you dont have a right to the street, and you def dont have a "need" for it. and maybe Im being overly cautiious, but teenagers + approaching darkness + kids of such a small stature and young age + being a street just seems like a recipe for someone to get hit by a car, and imo, if god forbid something did happen, Id think one of the first questions you ask yourself is "why didnt I keep my kids out of the street"...doesnt seem worth it. But I also grew up in a slightly busier street enviroment (even though one side of our block was completely blocked off) and my parents would freak out if we were in the street, plus your friend being a macho man to some punk teenager reaffirms the personality type everyone here is probably assuming about suburban parents.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
next store?

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

the error in your post?