Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: My Money is Gone in Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
This is becoming a serious and disturbing trend, suggesting Full Tilt has widespread issues with incompetence and/or complacency. Most people could understand a few isolated cases, but it appears Full Tilt is fertile grounds for aspiring fraudsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can user-responsibility be blamed on the company? Be it Stars, FTP, or Bodog - Would you refund a customer if you knew he did not follow the correct precautions? I mean identity theft does happen, but it is the internet, the anonymity factor alone means that its much more riskier to do business than to be a customer. If you are a start-up/baby company, I hardly think you would be giving away 100% refunds to victims of their own folly.

[ QUOTE ]

I sometimes wonder why FT staff even rear their heads here when results of an 'investigation' are pretty much apparent before it is even initiated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they do have to show they at least attempted to recover your money.

[ QUOTE ]

Ultimately the victim is blamed, always left holding the bag. To be sure, players do have a responsibility to take reasonable measures to protect their computers. However, when a site demonstrates they are extremely deficient in thwarting hackers and quite adept in attracting these swindlers, they ought to act with a sense of urgency and make substantial improvements.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can anybody police user computers? That brings up privacy issues, unless you're fine with letting a company monitor your network and computer for your "own benefit", comrade.

[ QUOTE ]

One improvement they could easily implement would be in the area of customer relations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, .. how quickly do you want them to get back to you with "Uhh, you're a moron for letting your computer be compromised in the age of computers and widespread knowledge of internet security"? They always get back to me within 24hrs. Knowing this is an insanely large internet company, thats pretty damn good.

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps some modest relief could be offered victimized customers. At least meet customers half way instead of dimissing them with a perfunctory "it's on your end but you're valuable to us."

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, a refund would be nice. That was the only point of your rant that wasn't redundant.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: My Money is Gone in Full Tilt

Anyone else notice it looked like the "hacker" was chip dumping to thegsxrkid??? I went over the hands, and either the guy is really stupid, or a dumper.