Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Vick Pleads Guilty

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his suspension won't begin until he is released from prison and assuming its like 1 year for gambling and 1 year for player conduct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pure speculation, no one knows this yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like common sense.
uh Mike while in prison, your not allowed to play NFL football k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is possible to serve his jail time and NFL suspension concurrently. If it happens that way is up to the commish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probability of this is <=1%

Cody
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his suspension won't begin until he is released from prison and assuming its like 1 year for gambling and 1 year for player conduct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pure speculation, no one knows this yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like common sense.
uh Mike while in prison, your not allowed to play NFL football k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is possible to serve his jail time and NFL suspension concurrently. If it happens that way is up to the commish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probability of this is <=1%

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't even matter really. If Goddell wants Vick out until at least the 2009 season he'll say out for 2 years or out for 1 year after Vick gets out. (If Vick goes for one)
Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Testaverde was just signed by the Patriots at 43.

[/ QUOTE ]

Testaverde does not reply upon scrambling much, which is why he can still play at his age. Rushing/scrambling quarterbacks like McNabb and Culpepper gain more wear and tear and thus are shut down earlier than a quarterback like Vinny.

Testaverde lies more along the lines of Chris Chandler, Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson, all of which played into at least their late 30's.

At any rate, I feel that Vick will no longer play in the NFL. No team will take such a huge risk on a quarterback that will be at least one or two years removed from any professional play. Mobility tends to wear down faster than basic quarterbacking skills such as reading defenses.

An AFL team might sign, but I wouldn't count on it if I was Vick.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

Was listening to one of the sports stations on XM this afternoon and they were running rapid-fire sound-bites of Vick's career. One was him being interviewed by a woman who asked him to "Tell us three things we don't know about Mike Vick."

His response, "Number one, I love animals...." The third one was that he was a mama's boy. I can't remember the second one--probably because I was laughing so hard that I was having trouble keeping my car on the road. This clip really should be getting more air time.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i hope vick enjoys being on the receiving end instead of the other way around...

[/ QUOTE ]

There probably wont be that many guys bigger, stronger or faster than Vick. Football players are ridiculous. There might be lots of tougher guys, though. And its not like they fight fair in prison (i'd imagine, I have no [censored] clue what prison is really like). Hard to say if Mike actually gets assraped in prison or not.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His response, "Number one, I love animals...." The third one was that he was a mama's boy. I can't remember the second one--probably because I was laughing so hard that I was having trouble keeping my car on the road. This clip really should be getting more air time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the situation, obviously it's sorta O RLY?. However, I don't really have a hard time believing he loves his actual pets and treats pitbulls purely raised to fight heinously.

I think what he did is awful, but I also think hunting for sport is pretty f'd up, too, but that's generally an acceptable practice. They aren't the same, obv, and I do think dog fighting rings are "worse" than popping some deer. But there are some similarities. I don't think I'd ever find it odd if David Wells told the media "I love animals."
Old 08-20-2007, 10:45 PM

All,

"btw, i hope vick enjoys being on the receiving end instead of the other way around..."

Vick is a multimillionaire from the projects of Newport News who was a key figure in running a major dogfighting ring. I am sure he has the connections to spread around some cash to the right bad dudes and make it so he's 100% protected inside.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, i hope vick enjoys being on the receiving end instead of the other way around...

[/ QUOTE ]

There probably wont be that many guys bigger, stronger or faster than Vick. Football players are ridiculous. There might be lots of tougher guys, though. And its not like they fight fair in prison (i'd imagine, I have no [censored] clue what prison is really like). Hard to say if Mike actually gets assraped in prison or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

one could only hope, needless to say, i have no idea how prison life is like, i'm just going off the perceptions
Old 08-20-2007, 10:47 PM

He should watch out for this dude:

Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He should watch out for this dude:

[/ QUOTE ]

Spiderman's boss? I don't think Vick missed a deadline.