>150000 12 18.18%
dont care /resutls please 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: *official 2007 red sox thread*

Papelboooon, I need me a 13.5 game lead. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 10:11 PM

Will they let WMP use a hockey goalies blocker instead of a baseball glove?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:19 PM

weird play. why is Blake out? it certainly didn't look like he made enough of a swing for it to be called a strike.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i've ever seen an inside the park HR where the guy had so much room to spare

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Buckner had an inside-the-park job to right at Fenway. This was at the end, when he could barely walk. It was pretty funny to see him chugging around the bases while the center fielder had to run all the way over to the RF corner to retrieve the ball (the RF was out cold in the front row, having been chop-blocked by the two-foot high wall). I don't even know if there was a throw home. Watching the old guy trying to catch his breath in the dugout was even funnier.

Youk's ItPHR reminded me of Butch Hobson's, who managed to hit this door, kicking the ball toward the Fisk Pole, and away from the converging outfielders.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i've ever seen an inside the park HR where the guy had so much room to spare

[/ QUOTE ]
What made this even more amazing to me was the fact that Yukulis can't run for sh*t!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What made this even more amazing to me was the fact that Yukulis can't run for sh*t!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true- he's no speedster, but I'd bet he runs faster than the average ML corner man. He's had some infield hits and avoided DPs on plays where I expected him to be out by two steps.

My question is where was Dellucci on that play?
Old 05-29-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not true- he's no speedster, but I'd bet he runs faster than Bill Freaking Buckner at the end of his career

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep forgetting that most of you weren't even born in 1986.

I don't think there's ever been a pro athlete, in any sport, who looked worse running than Billy Buck at the end of his career. He literally looked like an old man, with knees that were barely held together, in shoes that were way too tight.

You've seen Kirk Gibson's famous HR, where he can barely get around the bases? That HR trot was close to Buckner's top speed, and I'm only exaggerating slightly.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep forgetting that most of you weren't even born in 1986.

I don't think there's ever been a pro athlete, in any sport, who looked worse running than Billy Buck at the end of his career. He literally looked like an old man, with knees that were barely held together, in shoes that were way too tight.

You've seen Kirk Gibson's famous HR, where he can barely get around the bases? That HR trot was close to Buckner's top speed, and I'm only exaggerating slightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you were replying to me but not necessarily referring to me. but I remember Buckner quite well. I can still picture him stumbling around third base and then face-planting into home for a big run in game 5 IIRC (he said later "I didn't slide, I died").

Can't blame him for his knees, and I don't even blame him for Mookie's famous wicket shot in game 6. I do blame him for his horrendous job at the plate in that series, though.You hear a lot of talk about how Rice had no RBI's in that WS, but I'd like to hear how many times Buckner made the last out of an inning (never counted myself, but I know it's a ton- his OBP was .212, Rice's was .455).
Old 05-30-2007, 02:34 AM

It's my understanding that the Buck that will be passed had Bill-Walton-esque ankles.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 PM

Clown Shoes Mo one more time in CF...