Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TE
Witten vs NYG 3 42.86%
A Smith vs PHI 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes...

Ipod + Bose headphones + Xanax = no problems

I generally recline on longer flights but sometimes will not depending on who is seated behind me. If the person in front of me reclines I almost always do the same.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blinden,

Based on your behavior at concerts and planes, you seem like an incredibly nice and considerate person. Unfortunately, you are definitely the exception, not the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not, I would say more considerate then nice, but it's just little, I would say VERY little things that make other people's lives a lot easier to live. If everyone did these, then, goddamn, the world would be a lot easier of a place to live in. If a minor inconvenience makes my day unnoticeably worse, and someone else's significantly better, I will take it every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good attitude. Your family raised you right, in a way that I think our culture is losing rapidly. Now if I see anyone notably courteous or thoughtful, it's usually Asians or older people.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's really nice of you and your gf, but I think that's taking things way beyond the level of common courtesy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saying this makes me think you have no idea how really uncomfortable it is. People shouldn't have to be in the kind of pain and torture I've experienced in an LA to Philly flight. Seriously, it shouldn't happen.

[ QUOTE ]

"Think about it from the perspective of we paid the same amount for this ticket, yet, I'm drastically more uncomfortable then you by no fault of my own."

That's sorta silly. A big guy is going to be a lot more hungry after eating the same meal as a petite woman. They are paying the same amount, yet the big guy has a far less satisfying dining experience. Should he get more food to make things equal? In the case of the plane trip, both people are paying a certain amount for a certain amount of space on a plane. Oftentimes there are options to plan ahead or pay extra that allow for additional space. Everyone is getting what they pay for. Being tall on a plane is suckier than being short. In other situations, being short is suckier than being tall. Should all tall people at concerts have to stand at the back to provide a better viewing experience for short people?

If the person behind me is really cramped, I generally won't recline at all. But if the person in front of me reclines and their seatback is now right up in my face, I will sometimes need to recline as well to be comfortable. If the tall guy wants to go ask the guy in front of me not to recline, he's welcome to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this eating out comparison because when I eat out, and I AM, obviously, a 'big guy', the situation is usually I get enough food to eat, and my girlfriend has way too much, I thought this was standard, she's always taking food home, and so I do occasionally, so, by that argument, everyone should be getting the exit row?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, "pain and torture" ???
Old 09-26-2007, 04:01 PM

sit where you are and don't move your legs for 3+ hours. Think about how often you readjust your sitting position, when you are as tall as I am, you are rendered almost completely incapable of doing so.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's said anything about domino effect out of spite?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://pixloads.com/public/pview/43089/airline.gif
Old 09-26-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sit where you are and don't move your legs for 3+ hours. Think about how often you readjust your sitting position, when you are as tall as I am, you are rendered almost completely incapable of doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your airline prevent you from getting out of your seat?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially with them bent. That really cuts off the circulation badly after a while.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:00 PM

im pretty surprised at the amount of whining in this thread, and pretty much agree with los feliz slim

also, lol at uber-considerate blinden waiting to "sue their asses off!"

blinden, how would you feel if i have a bad back and poor posture and reclining the seat makes a noticable difference in my level of comfort?

does your leg discomfort trump my back discomfort? how do we decide who is gaining and losing the most from our situation? please give some thought and seriously answer
Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM

[censored], just drink the $5 glass of wine you can get. You'll fall asleep in a matter of minutes.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im pretty surprised at the amount of whining in this thread, and pretty much agree with los feliz slim

also, lol at uber-considerate blinden waiting to "sue their asses off!"

blinden, how would you feel if i have a bad back and poor posture and reclining the seat makes a noticable difference in my level of comfort?

does your leg discomfort trump my back discomfort? how do we decide who is gaining and losing the most from our situation? please give some thought and seriously answer

[/ QUOTE ]

His discomfort isn't any more important than yours, the difference is you created his, and he did not create yours. You have a problem with the airline for not making the seats comfortable in the first place, not the guy in front of you.