Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: best pound for pound nation of poker players in the world?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys ever heard of "If you could make it in America, you could make it anywhere"? We are the land of opportunities, and the country the only country that fights terrorism.

[/ QUOTE ]

America is not the only land that fights terrorism and your statement speaks therefore that you are definitly dont belong to the well educated Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]Got to LOL and agree with you. America actively encouraged terrorism until 9/11. And I mean the man in the street, not just Uncle Sam. How many threw a few dollars into the IRA's cofers when they were fund raising Stateside for example.

The USA didn't lift a finger against world terroism until recently. Now let's move on....
Old 09-14-2007, 08:32 AM

Sweden.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 AM

Party is tougher now that the Americans are gone.

they have the most poker players. they also probably have 5 of the top 10 poker players in the world. but these superstars are diamonds in the dirt.

for every Phil Ivey etc there are thousands of donks playing $5 sngs and worshipping Jerry Yang.

but now that the donks find it harder to deposit online.... they play online much less. leaving the skilled American players to represent their country.

i'd go with Finland or Norway. i'm English but would agree that the standard of live play in London clubs etc is very poor. the Irish just seem like they believe poker is all about luck.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 AM

finland, and its not even close
Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 PM

I'd say Finland has the highest %age of winning players but I think Sweden has more top class players than Finland. It seems to me like most Finnish are just übernits when Swedish are often very good aggressive, thinking players.

Concerning the worst I think France is at the top of the list (and I'm French). There are not a lot of French on the biggest rooms but they are for the most part huge donkeys.