Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Republican Senator pleads guilty to lewd conduct in a men\'s room

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone listen to his press conference? "but I am not gay" "I'm not gay" "nope no gay here"

[/ QUOTE ]

The funnest thing that I heard in awhile. I almost spit my drink all over myself while listening to this press conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but denies that it is in fact a duck, is it a duck? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Republican Senator pleads guilty to lewd conduct in a men\'s room

They just released an audio tape of his interview with the arresting officer. Pretty interesting - the officer seems a little intimidated at first, but at the end blasts Craig for lying.

What exactly is he charged with? Even if he was soliciting sex, is it the fact that it was done in a public restroom what's getting him? I mean - gay bars aren't illegal.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Good Riddance.....He Backstabbed Conservatives

First of all, his response is very lame, and he talks like he is gay. Picking up someone in a mens room is bizarre behavior for a 62-year-old US Senator. I'm sure he has been doing this for years.

I have to assume he tried to use influence to get this squashed. Maybe someone wanted to get him, and the police approach is close to entrapment, but his strange behavior made him vulnerable.

There are other politicians who have stayed in office after more serious scandels involving their sex or personal lives.

I guess he is in being pressured to resign for political reasons, and this probably makes it difficult for him to be reelected in Idaho as a Republican.