Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Trailer involving stealthmunk drinking propbet up

aejones,

Unfortunately if you meet enough 2+2ers in real life, you will run across those that constantly say "online stuff". Like "obv", "sesh", etc
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 PM

I just say "I made x on the day". And EC10 do you do anything else with your time other than troll people?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:30 PM

yea if i said sesh i'd stab myself in the face

also j_v, johnny the bus driver doesn't consider $5k a lot? man bus driving must be lucrative these days
Old 09-24-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus you guys look like a bunch of [censored] nerds trying really hard to look cool

i dont think anyone could look gayer than when screech says "i ended $5800 up on the sesh"

you guys make the ship it holla ballas look cool

edit: just read thread, glad everyone agrees

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that was said with a fair bit of irony
Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aejones,

Unfortunately if you meet enough 2+2ers in real life, you will run across those that constantly say "online stuff". Like "obv", "sesh", etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of a side note, but I've always wondered if online players who hang out a lot refer to each other by their screen names. Like do you guys tell girls (or at least with girls around) that you're yellowsub or whatever and live in Team Domenski's house? I get the feeling most people do, and that seems really weird to me. still don't think this video is that bad, though.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked up the word, lol.

[ QUOTE ]
thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought there had to be a thugish element. I also thought we were talking about rap star type money.

Definition number 4 is: Livin large, with girls and money

I hate myself for getting involved in this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz yeah it's a pretty inane debate.

But, since i'm here, it's not so much of a 'thug' element as it is a hustler element. Peoples that went rags to riches doing something illegal or 'shady'. This stuff about playing basketball I think is the result of some linguistic confusion as the original term referred to a drug dealer to my knowledge. So, you can see how playing poker professionally and getting rich is 'baller'.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 PM

aprox how long is the full movie going to be?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea if i said sesh i'd stab myself in the face

also j_v, johnny the bus driver doesn't consider $5k a lot? man bus driving must be lucrative these days

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're looking for a complete and total hijack, bus driving is well above that average sum keikawai posted earlier.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
aejones,

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of a side note, but I've always wondered if online players who hang out a lot refer to each other by their screen names. Like do you guys tell girls (or at least with girls around) that you're yellowsub or whatever and live in Team Domenski's house? I get the feeling most people do, and that seems really weird to me. still don't think this video is that bad, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

most people don't, even in a small amount of time like a poker tournament. for those who live together, I really doubt it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just looked up the word, lol.

[ QUOTE ]
thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally refered ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, but now is used to describe any thug that is living large.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought there had to be a thugish element. I also thought we were talking about rap star type money.

Definition number 4 is: Livin large, with girls and money

I hate myself for getting involved in this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz yeah it's a pretty inane debate.

But, since i'm here, it's not so much of a 'thug' element as it is a hustler element. Peoples that went rags to riches doing something illegal or 'shady'. This stuff about playing basketball I think is the result of some linguistic confusion as the original term referred to a drug dealer to my knowledge. So, you can see how playing poker professionally and getting rich is 'baller'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure basketball was always the origin of the word (hence ballin, which you clearly realize).

oops didn't see your linguistic confusion point. Still I don't really see how that would've happened.