Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Could my plan work? (girl advice needed)

[ QUOTE ]
Youre wussing out because you are putting way too much pressure on yourself. Don't set any goals for yourself next time. Don't plan out what you want the end result to be. Just go talk to her with the intent of having a nice meaningless conversation. That's easy to do. There's no risk of rejection, even if she's not interested and doesn't even want to talk to you what is she going to do? Tell you to [censored] off and walk away because you said hello to her? Nobody does that. The semester will probably be over before you get the confidence to ask this girl out or anything, but you can at least build some confidence just talking to her when you realize that nobody dislikes nonthreatening human interaction, and with the next girl you meet you won't be so much of a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]
im putting too much pressure on myself because this is the girl i want. I haven't been attracted to a girl this much in years. Infact the last gf i had i felt the same way. GF material for me is girls im totally attracted to. I would turn down 8's on the scale if im not totally attracted to them i have these stupid high standards.

If i fail with this one that means no gf for a year or more till i find another girl like this one. That is the way i am. All or nothing.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:31 AM

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED TO HER HOW CAN YOU KNOW HOW ATTRACTED YOU ARE TO HER YOU ARE A CREEPY STALKER

edit: [ QUOTE ]
so i go outside and just wait patiently till she comes out

[/ QUOTE ]

how long were you planning on waiting? you are such a stalker
Old 03-15-2007, 01:32 AM

focusing on one girl will practically guarantee failure
Old 03-15-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many people here have asked girls out that they had classes with? asking a random girl you see is different from asking a girl you see a couple days a week. There is only 1 awkward moment with a random girl but with a classmate you have the whole semester to get through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand you think this is true, but its not. This is a silly irrational belief that you have, no different than any other phobia.

Instead of planning out an interaction with a specific girl, stalking her, and then chickening out. Just start talking to everybody in that class. Just introduce yourself when ever its convenient. Show up early and talk to the people that are waiting outside. Talk to the ugly girl that sits behind you. Talk to the girl with the cool tshirt that sits by the door when you walk in. Now all of sudden, your not some creepy guy, you're just someone who is social and outgoing. Then when you do talk to her, she won't be thinking, why is he talking to me. She'll think, hey, its that guy that that everyone knows--that everyone likes. Causally ask her out. If she says yes, you've got a date. If she says no, then your still the cool social guy that everyone likes.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED TO HER HOW CAN YOU KNOW HOW ATTRACTED YOU ARE TO HER YOU ARE A CREEPY STALKER

[/ QUOTE ]
I trust my "reading skills," observation skills, instincts and first impressions. That to me are everything. I don't need to talk to her first to know how she is. If i had gotten a bad impression from my instincts i wouldn't even like her. It is not just about good looks.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 AM

yeah whatever, good luck talking to her and finding out she's different than how you built her up in your head to be and all the psycho emo trauma you put yourself through afterwards
Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 AM

I do not know whether to laugh at OP or feel genuinely sorry.

There are people who are continuing to give serious advice to you and you're pretty much completely ignoring them. I think they're leveling you here, but it doesn't hurt to try some of the sensible suggestions out...like talking to the god damn girl.

I used to go through your thought process...when I was 15.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah whatever, good luck talking to her and finding out she's different than how you built her up in your head to be and all the psycho emo trauma you put yourself through afterwards

[/ QUOTE ]
That could very well happen, but then again she still has the good looks going for her. If my read on her personality is bad i can live with that!

my problem is that im a wuss at approaching girls, rejection scares me, the whole process scares me! The upside is that im charming and a good talker once i know someone. If i had part 1 to my lady skills i wouldn't have a problem.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:43 AM

Most of the advice in this thread is pretty ABC (like walking up to her and saying 'Hi', pssh) and it is important to have strong understanding of the fundamentals before you can start beating the bigger games. Luckily for you it sounds like you're playing in a friendly home game where they likely don't understand the fundamentals either. You are not playing against Patrick Antonious, its more likely you're playing against Jennifer Tilly. Unfortunatly right now you are playing like Jennifer Tilly and are checking your boat because you putting whats her name on kings preflop when she is just defending her big blind, monsters in the closet man.

OK so we don't know how to play ABC, thats ok because position is more important. While she has probably noticed you, you're always across the table. That is pretty poor positioning, epically when you're in control of where you sit. I'm not saying you should beside her in class or anything, but maybe I am. With position you'll have more opportunity and time to make some bluffs.

Showing weakness is generally a bad thing, but don't be afraid to feign weakness, even if you aren't feigning. If you have an obvious tell when bluffing then there is no point in bluffing. Play your hand you've been dealt and Be Yourself. When you manage to say hi to her and she says hi back, you're going to be nervous as [censored] and shes going to see it, so don't try to hide it.

Now after this exchange things can go a million different directions. I would love to tell you how to play this hand from here but I can't, that is up to you. Maybe you can tell her that you need help with this class and would enjoy a study partner. Or maybe can ask her name. Or maybe you can pretend that your pen doesn't work and ask to borrow one. Or maybe ask her if she likes coffee. Or maybe ask her why she always dots her i's with skull and cross bones.

The best you can do is play your game and then after the session go back and analyze it. It is kind of pointless to run through all of the possible situations before hand because all situations are different. In my eyes you have all the tools necessary to make this work.

So make it work and make OOT proud.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the advice in this thread is pretty ABC (like walking up to her and saying 'Hi', pssh) and it is important to have strong understanding of the fundamentals before you can start beating the bigger games. Luckily for you it sounds like you're playing in a friendly home game where they likely don't understand the fundamentals either. You are not playing against Patrick Antonious, its more likely you're playing against Jennifer Tilly. Unfortunatly right now you are playing like Jennifer Tilly and are checking your boat because you putting whats her name on kings preflop when she is just defending her big blind, monsters in the closet man.

OK so we don't know how to play ABC, thats ok because position is more important. While she has probably noticed you, you're always across the table. That is pretty poor positioning, epically when you're in control of where you sit. I'm not saying you should beside her in class or anything, but maybe I am. With position you'll have more opportunity and time to make some bluffs.

Showing weakness is generally a bad thing, but don't be afraid to feign weakness, even if you aren't feigning. If you have an obvious tell when bluffing then there is no point in bluffing. Play your hand you've been dealt and Be Yourself. When you manage to say hi to her and she says hi back, you're going to be nervous as [censored] and shes going to see it, so don't try to hide it.

Now after this exchange things can go a million different directions. I would love to tell you how to play this hand from here but I can't, that is up to you. Maybe you can tell her that you need help with this class and would enjoy a study partner. Or maybe can ask her name. Or maybe you can pretend that your pen doesn't work and ask to borrow one. Or maybe ask her if she likes coffee. Or maybe ask her why she always dots her i's with skull and cross bones.

The best you can do is play your game and then after the session go back and analyze it. It is kind of pointless to run through all of the possible situations before hand because all situations are different. In my eyes you have all the tools necessary to make this work.

So make it work and make OOT proud.

[/ QUOTE ]