Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I've mentioned this a couple of times before, but it's worth noting again, these two really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. I've said it before, but the minute they do a flashback on either Nikki or Paolo will be the last time I ever watch the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoiler in white. <font color="white"> Yeah, as the other dude said, looks like you won't be making it through season 3. </font>
Old 03-08-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
really good ep, but jesus the dude who plays sayid is an awful actor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was pretty good up until the scene w/ that torture victim at the end. Such ridiculous overacting I cracked up like 5x during it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing, but then again crying (from emotion) after getting your face pounded on consistently for a couple days would be INCREDIBLY painful.

Also, am I the only one incredibly frustrated by the character's inability to seek answers? I mean, they're on this mysterious island, etc, etc... wouldn't you spend a day reading all those books in the cellar? Wouldn't they try to figure out what they're dealing with?

Why didn't Sayid try to fix the communication systems right then? If he had a power source, which he did, and all the comm equipment, you'd think he could set something up.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 PM

OK, I'm really sick of these threads. Daryn shows amazing restraint not going nuts with some bannings. Guys, I think it's OK to express disappointment, but seriously, what are people expecting to happen each week? I think people have unreasonable expectations for this show.

Anyway, getting back to some actual constructive discussion here.

First, why do people think mrs. Klugh was so insistent on not being captured or taken hostage? What's the "agreement" she references, that demanded Mikael to kill her, and then try to kill himself? I didn't think that seemed logical. It's not like the Losties even know what questions to ask her, what could she possibly jeopardize?

Also, regarding Locke, does anyone think it's at least possible that they did tell him about the C-4, and he knew he would be blowing up the building when he hit 7-7? I think there are probably more off camera conversations than we give the characters credit for. At first when the building blew I thought "wtf retards, what about reading all of those notebooks?" But Sayid clearly did take some time to go through them that we didn't see, since he did take the map, etc.

The most obvious question to be answered still is if Mikhael and the others AREN'T Dharma, then when/how did they get to the island. Seems like the only answer is that they were Dharma at one time, and defected/quit, or something like that.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:22 PM

Another couple things;

Did anyone find it really funny when Locke came out of the computer room after Sayid and Kate took care of Patchy with his gun waving. "Hey, I'm here! What's goin on guys?"

And, how many stations is Locke going to blow up? Guy just loves pressing buttons.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, regarding Locke, does anyone think it's at least possible that they did tell him about the C-4, and he knew he would be blowing up the building when he hit 7-7? I think there are probably more off camera conversations than we give the characters credit for. At first when the building blew I thought "wtf retards, what about reading all of those notebooks?" But Sayid clearly did take some time to go through them that we didn't see, since he did take the map, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would suggest the whole "What have you done, John?" routine outside was for Bakunin's benefit, which seems unlikely to me.

Speaking of Bakunin, the gimmick of naming every third character after some dead philosopher has worn on me.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 PM

locke looked genuinely shocked at the explosion
Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Nolan I'm a huge fan of the show, but some re-occurring things are annoying. Chiefly, as I said above, the complete inability of the Losties to share information with one another, or ask relevant &amp; important questions when given the opportunity (basically Jack this whole season). This has been going on for 3 seasons now, but it's starting to get old.

I'd be much more satisfied if I found out that Locke blew the cabin on purpose, b/c at least last would show that Kate and Sayid aren't the 2 worst communicators on Earth. or wherever they are.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nolan I'm a huge fan of the show, but some re-occurring things are annoying. Chiefly, as I said above, the complete inability of the Losties to share information with one another, or ask relevant &amp; important questions when given the opportunity (basically Jack this whole season). This has been going on for 3 seasons now, but it's starting to get old.

I'd be much more satisfied if I found out that Locke blew the cabin on purpose, b/c at least last would show that Kate and Sayid aren't the 2 worst communicators on Earth. or wherever they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I guess I was just thinking that there's a chance that Locke was told about the C-4, but didn't tell the rest of them what he was planning on doing. Didn't he say something about how the satellite didn't work anyway? Not that this makes it right of course, but that wouldn't be AS out of character for Locke, given his affinity for the island.

I think I just try to stay away from too much paralysis by analysis when it comes to this show. I try to not get too worked up over "OMG why didn't they ask this question or that one!!" In this episode for example, Sayid was asking a lot of direct questions to Mikhael. Of course all of the answers were probably lies of some sort, but at least he was asking the obvious questions.

Overall I think the producers and writers are expecting people to assume that some conversations are taking place that we don't see. I know that's a basic tenant of scriptwriting, that you shouldn't have extraneous scenes that basically involve one character telling other characters what the audience has already learned and knows.

Anyway, I still love the show, clearly, and look forward to it each week. I think it would be an incredibly difficult show to plot out, when the finale of the series is obvious - they get off the island (or whatever the final conclusion is), but they have an unspecified number of episodes to reach that end point.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One thing that I didn't like is how they introduced all of these characters from the tail section, and then killed them off one by one so quickly. I really didn't think that they should have killed Mr. Eko. I saw no reason in that and they built him up so much that I thought that he had such a huge letdown when he died. Maybe his death will lead to something huge (I guess you can almost count this last episode as part of that.. but I'm not convinced yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Eko was killed because the actor was leaving the show IIRC. The original idea was probably NOT to kill him at that point.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good ep.....Did anyone else LOL when Sawyer said the chic on the beach "Who the hell are you?". It was like he was a LOST viewer for a second wondering as we have how it's possible for new plane crash victims to be showing up @ random.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those 2 characters might be there in direct response to the internet community. At first, we complained about the other Losties never speaking at all. Now we complain that we don't even "know who they are."

AS for the poster claiming that they suck as actors, I mean come on...they have one line and no character development. What do you want them to do with that role?