Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: ***Official 6 to 4 Tuesday Performance Thread***

Chris wasn't bad this week either. Kiki is in deep sheeet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 AM

My take on tonight:

1a)Melinda - who needed Gina tonight? Is there *any* style she can't sing, and sing convincingly? Opera, maybe . . . but Melinda has nailed every genre they've thrown at here so far, and I don't seem to be reading all of the "she's the same every week" comments any more. More than ever (especially since there's only a few weeks left), it looks like Melinda is going to be the first contestant in AI history to run the table.

1b) Blake - great performance and even his voice (which isn't that great) sounded better than usual. I've always liked his musicianship and he needs to keep showing it like he did tonight. Blake needed to deliver something like this after the last couple of weeks, and this should ensure that he gets to the final 4.

<gap>

3a) LaKisha - didn't oversing tonight, and showed off one of the top two voices in the competition. The performance was good, too, but not 100% convincing.

3b) Phil - nicely sung. He's put together a string of several weeks now of decent if unexciting vocals. Like LaKisha, though, this wasn't a very convincing performance; actually, outside of country week I don't think I've found any of his performances completely convincing.

<gap>

5) Chris - not nasely tonight, but that's because he was over-pushing his voice. As a result, there was very little contrast or range in his performance. You can get away with that in rock, but it took something away from Chris's delivery.

6) Jordin - well, this should end all of the "she's improving every week" and "she's consistant" comments, both of which were way off even before tonight's performance. What we've seen is what we'll get from her - some great weeks, some meh and once in a while, a week like this. I think Jordin knew this wasn't going to be very good, and planned her reaction to the judges in advance just hoping to get past this week.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:58 AM

Blake is soooo the Daniel Negreanu of AI.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 AM

Blake's performance was the first one to me this season that will standout. Next year if people think back to the performances this year, Blake's will be the first that comes to mind.

I think Blake strategically saved his beatboxing shtick for the home stretch. If he did it from the F24 on, people would get tired of it.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 AM

Melinda is the best singer. Blake is the best artist. Hope they duel in the final 2.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:25 AM

MS Paint review of tonight's DialIdol scores:

Old 05-02-2007, 01:33 AM

1. Melinda -- I wanted to mix it up and like someone else more this week, but she just didn't do anything wrong. She was entertaining, sang well, and did it all with professionalism and charisma. She is really in a different league even though that's been obvious for a couple months. 9/10

2. Phil -- I mean, come on he sang Bon Jovi and he sang it about as well as anyone who isn't Bon Jovi can. I don't even really like that song but I found not a single pitch problem and he really commanded the stage and connected with the lyric. Very impressive. 8/10

3. Blake -- Simon is wrong that it was a love it/hate it performance, because I did neither... though I'm closer to love than hate. I liked it quite a bit; the originality sold me but again his vocals were kind of weak, like cutting off some words and notes when he ran out of breath, etc. Trying to produce the track live by doing a couple different vocals in one line. Other than that, though, pretty cool. 7/10

4. LaKisha -- I'm pretty sure this was easily her best week ever. This gross and grossly overrated chick has sucked since the top and I'm amazed she outlasted Sanjaya and even Chris Sligh. But lo and behold, she finally did good. She looked like crap, but it was an excellent song choice (nobody pointed it out, but it's CLEARLY the best song choice of the week) and she finally stopped shouting at me. 7/10

5. Chris -- zzzzzzz please leave you idiot. But it didn't totally suck. 4/10

6. Jordin -- Wow. Wow. Colossal disaster. I know I've never been her fan, slagging on her asthmatic breathing, spaztard bimbo personality and giggly-bubble idiocy, but she usually has a decent voice and somewhat of a grasp on performance. This was a nightmare in every way. The judges were nice. Yikes, that was horrific. I don't even want to see a clip reminding me of it. 2/10 (Only reason it isn't the bottom slot of 1/10 is that I like that song).
Old 05-02-2007, 01:48 AM

private joker, those results are like that for Jordin because she was the top vote getter last week with the 70+ Million votes. She isn't at all in danger. Without last weeks votes I would hope she was bottom 2 based on that performance.

Chris is gone for sure. And I don't see Melinda or Blake going home over Lakisha. Phil is safe.

EDIT: Fellow 2+2ers, is it wrong to screw with the idiots over on the DI forums?? These people are so damn stupid it is sooo much fun to let them know how dumb they are. Should I leave them alone or continue to harass them?

-Brendan
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 AM

I pretty much thought everyone but Melinda was unbearable this week.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Fellow 2+2ers, is it wrong to screw with the idiots over on the DI forums?? These people are so damn stupid it is sooo much fun to let them know how dumb they are. Should I leave them alone or continue to harass them?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they saying? It's not like I'm going to waste time going over there to read that crap. Anyway, without knowing I think obviously you should harrass and screw with them.