Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather
Have a thumb sticking out of your chin? 8 47.06%
Live in a world where Toby Keith music was the only music available? 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Fire Jack Effel Now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its defamation, not deformation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was Sommerfeld???

[/ QUOTE ]

I mis-typed when spelling Defamation, not like any of you haven't done it before!

And.......Jimmy's last name is Sommerfeld not Sommerfield, care to take that bet????????

[/ QUOTE ]

He was making a joke (as was I) because you went out of your way to correct a small spelling mistake of someone's name. Then you made a similar mistake, so I corrected that to show you how nitty you are being. Plus you didnt make a spelling mistake, you just didnt know the word and probably said "deformation of character" in real life conversations where people were too embarrassed to correct you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let see, now you are being nitty! Whatever, man!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jack Effel is doing a great job, considering all of the circumstances he has had to over come this year!

[/ QUOTE ]

What specific cercumstances has Jack had to over come that couldn't have been foreseeable.

1. Registration issues
2. Tourney's being played in a tent
3. New card design
Old 06-27-2007, 05:19 PM

princess,

"no one was willing to change seats"

I don't understand how this is a problem. Why can't the tourney staff just tell people to change seats rather than have three friends sitting together next to each other?

"you have to do a manual re-draw, which really sucks!"

That sounds like just laziness. It seems like you should do a manual re-draw rather than not have the late entrants randomly seated.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
princess,

"no one was willing to change seats"

I don't understand how this is a problem. Why can't the tourney staff just tell people to change seats rather than have three friends sitting together next to each other?

"you have to do a manual re-draw, which really sucks!"

That sounds like just laziness. It seems like you should do a manual re-draw rather than not have the late entrants randomly seated.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can't make people change seats! How would you like it if a tournament official came up and said to you "I'm sorry but you need to move" a lot of poker players are superstitious, and believe that it could change the outcome of them winning, or not winning, to change seats.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:05 PM

How is asking people to change seats in this circumstance any different than balancing or breaking tables? In both cases there's a necessity to move a player whether he or she likes his or her current seat or not.

Quite frankly, you're really embarassing yourself and you may want to throw in the towel here. Your absolutely horrendous grammar and spelling make you appear either stupid or unstable. Constantly challenging people to say things "to your face" is nothing short of juvenille. Dozens of intelligent players have written at length about the extensive oversights in logistics and decision making by the tournament director and his staff. Most of these accounts (see Dan Druff's for an example) indicate that the player did, in fact, address these concerns with the appropriate people to no avail.

You say that you're just "taking up for someone who's done nothing wrong". I would like you to expound on what you would consider the line which he has to cross to "do something wrong"; and, please, let's stay away from challening me to say things to your face. I have executive training in negotiation and conflict resolution and would have no qualms about discussing this with anyone in person.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:10 PM

I can understand you speaking up for Jack if he's close to you but you should be aware that your aggressive, confrontational posts are probably doing his reputation more harm than good.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can understand you speaking up for Jack if he's close to you but you should be aware that your aggressive, confrontational posts are probably doing his reputation more harm than good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not being anymore aggressive than anyone else on here!!! I am my own person, and have the right to speak my mind, the same as everyone else!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is asking people to change seats in this circumstance any different than balancing or breaking tables? In both cases there's a necessity to move a player whether he or she likes his or her current seat or not.

Quite frankly, you're really embarassing yourself and you may want to throw in the towel here. Your absolutely horrendous grammar and spelling make you appear either stupid or unstable. Constantly challenging people to say things "to your face" is nothing short of juvenille. Dozens of intelligent players have written at length about the extensive oversights in logistics and decision making by the tournament director and his staff. Most of these accounts (see Dan Druff's for an example) indicate that the player did, in fact, address these concerns with the appropriate people to no avail.

You say that you're just "taking up for someone who's done nothing wrong". I would like you to expound on what you would consider the line which he has to cross to "do something wrong"; and, please, let's stay away from challening me to say things to your face. I have executive training in negotiation and conflict resolution and would have no qualms about discussing this with anyone in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't said anything yet, that I wouldn't say to anyones face! I'm not ashamed of anything I’ve said on this forum!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:47 PM

I will take any amount of money you can raise that Harrah's will have the event next year. When Harrah's got involved in the Horseshoe downtown, it was done primarily to get the WSOP name, which has been a gigantic cash cow for them. Why in the world would they give up the ownership or running of it when, despite these gripes, it will end up considered a huge success at the end of the day?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We can't make people change seats! How would you like it if a tournament official came up and said to you "I'm sorry but you need to move"

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, I usually pick up my chips and move. Doesn't this happen all the time to balance tables? What are you talking about?

p.s. Who are you??????????????? That seems to have so much insider knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!