Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Roommate from Hell

i seriously lose it every time i see this thread
Old 07-10-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Re-reading the OP makes it even funnier, as the OP non-chalantly lists the lathe in a laundry list of grievances.

Notice it's placement between 2 relatively typical complaints:

[ QUOTE ]
-He is extremely loud and annoying during the day and early evening, but once he goes to sleep, he expects us all to be quiet and gets pissed if we're making noise or watching TV in the living room.
-He bought a lathe, and without asking anybody, placed it in the living room. When told that's not going to fly, he said he already bought it and has nowhere else to put it.
-He totally disrespects me because I don't have a 'real' job and I just sit at home and play poker for money. Of course I make 20x as much as him doing this and I sense jealousy there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-10-2006, 11:00 PM

One of my roomates just came and told me that he is tired of having to get all the money together to pay for the electricity so he just cancelled it and we have less than a day before the power gets shut off in our house to call and get a new person on the bill. So that was pretty cool and not totally douchy at all.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my roomates just came and told me that he is tired of having to get all the money together to pay for the electricity so he just cancelled it and we have less than a day before the power gets shut off in our house to call and get a new person on the bill. So that was pretty cool and not totally douchy at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
He would not treat you like that if you had a lathe.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm considering heading to IKEA to get a bandsaw for the front room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck finding a bandsaw at Ikea.

Also, can someone come up with some creative, lathe-related titles for the OP? This thread is classic.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:32 PM

Seriously. I'm losing it. I LITTERARLY had tears forming I was laughing so hard at this thread. My kids are in bed and my 12-year-old son came up to my little office and (I SWEAR ON ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD), this is an exact transcript of the conversation..

Son: Dad, are you ok?
Me: PPFDDUIOSJSHTSH!&*&! (I can't really talk because I'm laughing).
Son: (seeing picture on thread) what is that? a lathe? (the kid is scary smart and an unbelievable memory to boot)
Me: JFDLzzz#ddssfsstJ*! (I think I basically fell out of my chair at this point)
Me: (after I calm down), "yeah, it's a lathe, and it's this really silly thread I couldn't even begin to explain why I think it's so funny"
Son: Dad, you're really weird.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:40 PM

Nice work DMBFan.....this is my take on it...

ScottieK
Old 07-10-2006, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Re-reading the OP makes it even funnier, as the OP non-chalantly lists the lathe in a laundry list of grievances.

Notice it's placement between 2 relatively typical complaints:

[ QUOTE ]
-He is extremely loud and annoying during the day and early evening, but once he goes to sleep, he expects us all to be quiet and gets pissed if we're making noise or watching TV in the living room.
-He bought a lathe, and without asking anybody, placed it in the living room. When told that's not going to fly, he said he already bought it and has nowhere else to put it.
-He totally disrespects me because I don't have a 'real' job and I just sit at home and play poker for money. Of course I make 20x as much as him doing this and I sense jealousy there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is key. If the thread were titled "Lathe in my living room" it would lose a lot of its awesomeness.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:05 AM

eat the cancellation fees if reasonable. split among 3 people (4 if the other guy really wants to live with you 3) it shouldnt be too bad right? whats a few bets for some peace of mind.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 AM

WTF is everyone doing talking all nice? Forget paying a cancellation fee. There are three of you and only 1 of him. You guys go full metal jacket on his a$$ and make him WANT to leave... infact make him beg to leave. You out number him 3 to 1... come on now you're a poker player. Them be some good odds.