Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Ask me about being a sports writer!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry, but just because you are in the media doesn't give you the right to embarrass a guy further. If I was Larkin that dumbass question at that time would have made me furious as well.

I guess you don't see it because it was your job to do it and you feel like it is your right. I guess dumb questions just piss me off more than most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

You simply just don't understand the business and, honestly, there's no way you could since you haven't worked in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not about understanding the business. How could someone not understand the business anyway? It is not some deep job. You write about sports...woooo

You can write a story about anything you want WITHTOUT asking the player a stupid ass question at a stupid ass time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, let me get this straight, you don't work in journalism, never have, don't have a journalism degree ... yet you think you understand the business?

Whatever..you have no idea. That you think you do is comical..open your mind, realize that MAYBE you don't know it all sir.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Murph,
Which of the following should make the baseball HOF. Scale of 1-10. 1= Absolutely no way 5= Coinflip 10= If he doesn't get in I will burn down Cooperstown.
Bernie Williams
Jorge Posada
Barry Larkin
Roberto Alomar

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie Williams - 3
Jorge Posada - 1
Barry Larkin - 10
Roberto Alomar - 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Alomar a coinflip and Larkin a sure thing? I thought you were unbiased and knew about sports? I am a Reds fan too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a rough day? week? Just curious..bc, seriously, you need to find some other way to spend your days that attacking like you do. Grow up..

As far as Larkin goes, he redefined the shorstop position..he was the first in the wave of what is now power-hitting, game changing shortstops. He hit with power, stole bases, outclassed anyone in the game defensively...and was the unquestioned leader of the Reds for 15+ years.

Alomar, like it or not, hurt himself with the way he went out and his antics - see spitting. So, while I may agree with you that he should be a lock, I don't think he is - at least at first.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Murph,
Which of the following should make the baseball HOF. Scale of 1-10. 1= Absolutely no way 5= Coinflip 10= If he doesn't get in I will burn down Cooperstown.
Bernie Williams
Jorge Posada
Barry Larkin
Roberto Alomar

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie Williams - 3
Jorge Posada - 1
Barry Larkin - 10
Roberto Alomar - 5

[/ QUOTE ]

lol if there was any doubt you were clueless about baseball this eliminated it

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a moron...one need only look at your avatar and your past ignorance on this site.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as Larkin goes, he redefined the shorstop position..he was the first in the wave of what is now power-hitting, game changing shortstops.

and was the unquestioned leader of the Reds for 15+ years.

Alomar, like it or not, hurt himself with the way he went out and his antics - see spitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case anyone was doubting he's a sports writer, here's the ultimate proof.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:13 PM

"Bronson, I know tonight wasn't the outcome you'd hoped for, but I'm wondering if you could talk to me about the stretch where you gave up four consecutive homers...can you take me though that...that must have been tough to maintain your composure"

More tactful but still a stupid question. Does any reds fan actually want to know the answer to this? He just gave up 4 bombs -congrats on not giving up 5.

SO how did you approach Larkin-

"Barry, I know tonight wasn't the outcome you'd hoped for, but I'm wondering if you could talk to me about the stretch of 200 abs without a grandslam...can you take me though that...that must have been tough to maintain your composure after walking back to the dugout leaving the winning run on second knowing that a streak noone gives a [censored] about continues"
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as Larkin goes, he redefined the shorstop position..he was the first in the wave of what is now power-hitting, game changing shortstops.

and was the unquestioned leader of the Reds for 15+ years.

Alomar, like it or not, hurt himself with the way he went out and his antics - see spitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case anyone was doubting he's a sports writer, here's the ultimate proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very original...YAWN. I thought you had better than that in you. Weak attempt...in case anyone doubted you had the ability to come up with a witty retort, you've given us the ultimate proof.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:21 PM

It wasn't meant to be witty. Very few of my posts are.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Bronson, I know tonight wasn't the outcome you'd hoped for, but I'm wondering if you could talk to me about the stretch where you gave up four consecutive homers...can you take me though that...that must have been tough to maintain your composure"

More tactful but still a stupid question. Does any reds fan actually want to know the answer to this? He just gave up 4 bombs -congrats on not giving up 5.

SO how did you approach Larkin-

"Barry, I know tonight wasn't the outcome you'd hoped for, but I'm wondering if you could talk to me about the stretch of 200 abs without a grandslam...can you take me though that...that must have been tough to maintain your composure after walking back to the dugout leaving the winning run on second knowing that a streak noone gives a [censored] about continues"

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you and Vyse...very cutting and profound retorts. Kudos to you for being so brilliant and obviously geniuses of the sports journalism word...

What was I thinking...send me your PM and I"ll have some editors I know contact you for jobs..since, CLEARLY you are much more wise than I.

Wow, my apologies for not realizing how amazing you are..
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And...dude...seriously, just because you don't think something is newsworthy doesn't mean that it isn't...get over yourself (speaking of arrogant).

[/ QUOTE ]

But because you do it is? Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is this, I worked in journalism for five plus years. I have two degrees, one being in journalism. While I have no doubt that most things are cut and dry as far as newsworthy or not....I would think the things thar are marginal, I would have - with my education and experience - more wisdom than you in determining that.

Is that unfair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's another character trait common to journalists that should be evident after reading the OP: a lot of us are seriously thin skinned.

All I'm saying is I have seven years of print journalism experience covering sports and government, both as a writer and a photographer, but that doesn't make me better than anyone else. You seem to think your diploma is a license to talk down to the readers. No wonder people literally hate us.

All the masters degrees and years of experience are worthless of they turn you into a elitest snob who condescends to the audience. I believe it's the main reason why the average person is going elsewhere for his sports news now. They don't trust our judgment, they don't think we're ethical, and they we've lost touch with the average reader. Your responses to the criticisms in this thread, calling people vultures, which you had to see coming a mile away, just shows that you don't get it.

This thread and most of your posts could be used as a prime example of what the average person hates about journalists. They think we're all a bunch of know-it-all, arrogant jerks. Your posts help reinforce that stereotype. From someone still in the profession, thanks a lot!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't meant to be witty. Very few of my posts are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted. Completly unnecessary explanation as I've seen evidence of this from your posts...but, again - noted.