Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: a special kind of [censored]

big poppa smurf,
I'm in the camp of not thanking someone for holding a door. I thank sometimes, but in general holding a door for someone that isn't carry stuff is pointless. It's not work to stick out your arm to prevent an already open door from hitting you.

el diablo,
ordering more appetizers isn't always as easy an option as you'd think. In lower end restaurants (like the ones college kids go to), you don't have time to order two appetizers. When you order the 2nd appetizer after you finish the first one, there won't be time for it to come. There's also the cost issue some that don't want to spend $ on appetizers.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gym at my school is not that big and of course its often packed, especially at certain hours. I walk over to the free weight area ready to get my workout underway and I notice something strange. There is only one guy there, but there seems to be weights and articles of clothing on each of four machines/benches (of which there are only one).

There is a water bottle on the one good squat rack bench.

There is a towel draped over the only preacher bench.

There is an ipod sitting on a flat bench.

There is hoodie on the only flat upright bench.

I soon realize that people aren't elsewhere or in the bathroom, these things ALL ARE THIS ONE GUY'S. I figure, no big deal, he was making himself at home since the gym was empty. I head over to the preacher bench and he says, "hey bro, im using that." So I figure, alright, and I walk over to the squat rack bench and put his water bottle on the ground next to the preacher bench. I then hear from behind me, "BRO, I'm using that too, don't move my [censored]."

I try to remain calm and say, "Soo you are using basically everything?"

And he responds in a tone and with a look like, what are you stupid, and says, "Dude, I'm supersetting all these."

He was truly, a special kind of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. 25lb plate to the temple would be the only reasonable response.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 PM

After reading this thread
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post9463773

another one occurred to me. I hate when friends, especially friends who have never been to my house before, show up with their dog. Who does this? Who assumes that it's ok to just bring your animal to other's homes?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM

The tip mention along with the thread title made me think of this for the first time in 15 years.

I used to deliver newspapers when I was 14. I would come around to collect for $2.25, or $4.50 for two weeks, or, I think in this case, $1.60 for two weeks of Sunday papers. There was one gentleman, very nice, 45-ish, married. When I would ring his bell to collect he'd smile, say hi, how was I doing, ask if I wanted to stand inside while he got the money when it was cold, one of my nicer customers. He never tipped a cent. WTF? It must have been some philosophical reason?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the camp of not thanking someone for holding a door. I thank sometimes, but in general holding a door for someone that isn't carry stuff is pointless. It's not work to stick out your arm to prevent an already open door from hitting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't thanking someone for the level of difficulty in the task but for the thought in the action. There are many things that saying "thank you" would be the appropriate thing to do and the reason is for something very simple. Generosity is sometimes measured in thought, not money or sweat.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who drive on the shoulder during rush hour and then cut right in the front of the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooo, I don't let them in at all... EVER.

Conversely, if you are trying to merge and have no other place to go but to merge into traffic and someone will not let you in.

I've once rolled down the window and yelled at some dumb lady, "Where the F--- do you want me to go?!?!" As I was in between trying to get onto the lane and a concrete construction divider.

ZIPPER EFFECT PEOPLE!!!1!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Make the other guy brake.

I was trying to merge and hit a guy's car because he wouldn't let me in. I just kept moving forward as I would typically merge and so did he, not letting me in to the lane.

I eventually got to the point where either I merged there or went off the road, so I saw a gap and went for it. He moved up and I just kept going and rammed his car to the side and slipped through. [censored] [censored].
Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 PM

I actually had a woman behind me in line at a fast food place slowly creep up next to me and then when it was my turn to order she pushed her shoulder in front of mine and stepped up to order. I cut her off and told the worker that I was there first, and this woman actually started telling the cashier that I had come out of nowhere and was trying to cut in front of her. We exchanged words for a couple of seconds until a customer behind us called the lady out and said she was lying. Pyscho bitch then gave up and cut in front of the next line over and ordered there.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The tip mention along with the thread title made me think of this for the first time in 15 years.

I used to deliver newspapers when I was 14. I would come around to collect for $2.25, or $4.50 for two weeks, or, I think in this case, $1.60 for two weeks of Sunday papers. There was one gentleman, very nice, 45-ish, married. When I would ring his bell to collect he'd smile, say hi, how was I doing, ask if I wanted to stand inside while he got the money when it was cold, one of my nicer customers. He never tipped a cent. WTF? It must have been some philosophical reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

this certainly doesn't fit the thread title. maybe he was poor, maybe it never occurred to him to tip his paper guy. this is not even close to outrageous.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 PM

this guy is special: http://prdifferently.typepad.com/my_...t_to_act_.html
Old 03-26-2007, 11:21 PM

All this fast food talk just reminded me of a very special [censored] experience of mine. I was waiting in line at Wendy's at school one day and there were about 4-5 people in line ahead of me for 2 cash registers. Obviously the best method is where you have multiple registers and one line so no one gets screwed. All of a sudden this guy just goes up to the second register and starts ordering. A woman in front of me says, "Excuse me but this is the line over here" to which he replies "I'm in HER line (referring to the other cashier, who clearly did not have a line). This leads to the breaking down of the line system and the formation of two separate lines, even though the place intends to have one. Then of course the lady in front of me who mentioned it took about 5-10 minutes paying with singles and coins.