Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: ARRGHHH

You guys are insane if you think Wedding Crashers was overrated. Honestly, it is by far the funniest movie of all time imo, with only 40 year old Virgin coming close. I guess I just enjoy witty humor and sarcasm and certain facial expressions. Either way, pretty much all of my friensd and I agree it is the funniest. One of them tried to argue Billy Madison was, and then he watched Wedding Crashers again and Billy Madison again, and he laughed at even putting BM in the same elite class with WC.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are insane if you think Wedding Crashers was overrated. Honestly, it is by far the funniest movie of all time imo, with only 40 year old Virgin coming close. I guess I just enjoy witty humor and sarcasm and certain facial expressions. Either way, pretty much all of my friensd and I agree it is the funniest. One of them tried to argue Billy Madison was, and then he watched Wedding Crashers again and Billy Madison again, and he laughed at even putting BM in the same elite class with WC.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are your Top 2 of comedies of all time? How old are u?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:07 PM

I saw A Mighty Heart, starring Angelina Jolie last night, which is the story about Daniel Pearl the WSJ journalist who was kidnapped in Pakistan back in 2002. I thought it was well executed and super tense but its a really hard movie to recommend.

For any other movie buffs in NY, you should check out the film class offered by NYU Schoolf of Conitnuing Studies called Movies 101. Basically its 3 hours Wednesday night in midtown and you watch a movie before its released and then usually someone (writer, director, actor) from the movie comes in and talks about the experience. Last night was super cool, we actually had James Gandolfini in for an hour to talk about the Soprnaos then watched A Mighty Heart. There are two short (4 week) summer semesters for June and July, July should still be avaialble.

Movies 101
Old 06-14-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 20. Give me something I haven't seen.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:21 PM

It's not a summer film, but I'll use this thread to direct those of you who didn't read my new OOT thread about the movie to this trailer for the new Coen Brothers movie. It looks absolutely amazing. I'm a big fan of the Coens, but I don't think it's bias to say that this has to be one of the contenders for best film of the year.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 AM

All,

Saw Live Free or Die Hard tonight. Awesome. Second favorite Die Hard movie for me (after first one). Maggie Q is so hot.

Saw an ad for Across the Universe. Looks weird as hell.

Saw preview for The Simpsons Movie, looks pretty funny. I didn't care about seeing it in the theater until this preview, now I probalby will. OK, probably not, but maybe.

Saw preview for Hitman. Looks pretty sweet. My sister told me it's a videogame. Hmmm, OK, maybe it will suck.

Saw preview for The Kingdom for the millionth time, still looks pretty cool.

Then saw a preview for Lions for Lambs (Redford, Streep, Cruise). Looks boring.

At this point I said "Wow, that sucks, should have shown the Hitman preview again instead."

Then a preview comes on for War, a movie about an assassin! Awesome. Stars Jet Li and Jason Statham and involves assassins and Asian gangs and FBI and all sorts of stuff that rules.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:32 PM

All,

Everyone's gonna watch Transformers, right?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Saw Live Free or Die Hard tonight. Awesome. Second favorite Die Hard movie for me (after first one). Maggie Q is so hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

minor spoilers

QFT, though I liked the third one a lot as well. Willis' aging actually plays pretty well in the film, as he's definitely a lo-tech badass against a bunch of high-tech baddies. The action scenes were for the most part pretty awesome in that they were not OBVIOUSLY CGI (could have done without the F35 bit, to be honest). I mean they were obviously ludicrous, but who gives a [censored]?

One of the baddies does cool Parkour things. Another is Maggie Q who, as EL D says is SO [censored] HOT.

The major drawback to me was the FBI honcho guys (Cliff Curtis, who I love, and Zeljko Ivanek) did nothing but serve as fonts of exposition - they never really recaptured the Al Powell character from the first one in any of the sequels, and they didn't really try hear. But it just seemed kinda clunky to have the A-team professionals (the FEEB) act as the Greek Chorus.

Knocked Up was just a damn good movie. To those that say it's anti-abortion...uhm, no, because she actually makes a choice. A choice which is sorta mandated by the conceit of the film. If we ran the hand twice, she might get the abortion next time...

Saw Ratatouille as well. I think my opinion of the movie is dragged down by the fact that there were 8 THOUSAND screaming kids in the theater. It was definitely cute, whatever. But the moralizing was a little too earnest. That said, Peter O'Toole (as a snooty critic) and Ian Holm (as a snooty sell-out french chef) are fun.

Transformers, ZOMG!!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 20. Give me something I haven't seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some Like it Hot
Spinal Tap
His Girl Friday

etc.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
minor spoilers

The major drawback to me was the FBI honcho guys (Cliff Curtis, who I love, and Zeljko Ivanek) did nothing but serve as fonts of exposition - they never really recaptured the Al Powell character from the first one in any of the sequels, and they didn't really try hear. But it just seemed kinda clunky to have the A-team professionals (the FEEB) act as the Greek Chorus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and think it prevented it from being a very good action flick. Maybe if we saw the FBI / NSA concoct and execute an ill-conceived plan, would've served as nice counterpoint. But seems they consciously chose to leave this out, as well as any scenes involving very high-level officials, who of course would be involved on a disaster of this scale.

Also the F35 scene... haha just so over-the-top and actually disengaged me at a critical plot juncture.

But overall was a fun, solid summer action movie. Enjoyed this way more than Spidey 3.

Diablo - of course who the hell isn't watching Transformers?!

-Al
Closed Thread