Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: shooting neighbor\'s cats in my backyard

[ QUOTE ]
Super soakers or a garden hose aren't going to provide the range I'd need(60ft.) I don't have any rocks but if I see cats tonight I'll just pelt them with ice cubes and try to scare them with the air horn I have. If that doesn't work, then it's on to plan B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone has rocks, go outside! Bear trap+ carp head should work nicely.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont hate all cat owners, like I said, the ones who keep their cats inside are great in my book. I hate all animals in general, well, Ill rephrase, I hate any and all inconvenience caused by pets in an urban setting, no matter how small the inconvenience may be.

[/ QUOTE ]

So live somewhere where the neighborhood association or whatever doesn't allow pets.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a law regarding cats being outside? (serious question, not trying to sound like a dbag).

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess that its a city by city basis, and leash laws might extend to cats too, but any one place it could be either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If you like having cats running around, live somewhere where it's allowed and if you don't like it, live somewhere where it's banned. This isn't rocket science.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the third time, I don't know who the owners are and frankly it's not my responsibility to find out. It's the owner's duty to obey the law and be a responsible pet owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not your "responsibility" to seek out the owners but WTF else are you going to do? Set up an elaborate system of booby traps throughout your yard or blind the little bastard with paintball pellets...or camp out your yard all day/night with a watergun?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he'll do the same when neighborhood children wander into his yard. After all, they're not his responsibility.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:11 PM

The other day while I was driving around I saw a girl outside with her cat. She had a harness and a leash on it and was walking it around so it could do its thing, she was even letting it climb small trees. It was cute. Cats are awesome.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:21 PM

Scarecrow Sprinkler

I have used this to keep raccoons from digging up my lawn.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a law regarding cats being outside? (serious question, not trying to sound like a dbag).

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess that its a city by city basis, and leash laws might extend to cats too, but any one place it could be either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If you like having cats running around, live somewhere where it's allowed and if you don't like it, live somewhere where it's banned. This isn't rocket science.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, you should pack up everything, get a mortgage lender, go through teh hassle of finding a new house, buy it, move all your stuff in, becuase of a couple cat. total sense.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:54 PM

cats are wild animals.

lock n' load
Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, you should pack up everything, get a mortgage lender, go through teh hassle of finding a new house, buy it, move all your stuff in, becuase of a couple cat. total sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, if you choose to live somewhere where roaming cats are allowed and you don't like it, that's your problem and your own fault. Next time do some damned research before you randomly by a house. In the situation in this thread, it seems like the OP lives somewhere where this is not allowed though, and that's another matter.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bear trap+ carp head should work nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]