Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: October Brent and Scott Thread

Wook there's 98% meaning 98/100 of the work is done.

Then there's 98% microsoft progress bar, meaning absolutely no idea how much time is left, but it sure isn't 98%.

I hope yours is the former.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys do realize that diebitter does not look like the fonz right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's not get crazy.

I had no problem with the last avatar, though.

And since I was bored, I took the 20 seconds with mspaint to resize your current avatar so it's not so squished:

And before someone tells me that I should resize mine, well, I like to let people right-click and view image. We'll see what happens, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Kimbell. This made me very happy.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 PM

db,

Well, it turned out to be a little more of the latter. I was probably a little too enthusiastic last night about my progress. It was late enough that my cognitive abilities were starting to falter.

That said, I do believe that I'm now done. Everything seems to work just how it should. I'm going to go through things with my advisor hopefully tomorrow, and then we submit the code to the guy in charge of all this. It is time to commence drinking beer. On the night we submit the code, I'll treat myself to a pour from my $120 bottle of brandy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].
Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Man, I would feel intimidated to pour from that one, like I would have to dress up and apologize to the bottle afterward.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:52 AM

Perhaps, Blarg. I'd feel more intimidated if the stuff wasn't so amazing. However, that brandy is seriously the best stuff I've ever put to my lips. All guilt about drinking something so extravagant vanishes when I savor and swallow the first sip.

Now, for the other thing I was going to post about in this thread.

Variance: I was out tonight drinking and dancing at my favorite watering hole here in Rochester called the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que. They have live blues 6 nights a week and a great beer selection. I usually go there on Wednesdays with my other dancing friends because Wednesday is the "out of town" night. They always bring in an act from somewhere between Australia and Boston (seriously, the guy who plays the blues on the didgeridoo is awesome).

Anyway, I didn't know before I showed up, but apparently tonight's act was a guy named Melvin Taylor from Chicago. He was playing a solid set of blues on the funkier side, occasionally mixing in something unexpected that he made work in his style, like Come Together. I was dancing to his stuff as usual, but after one dance with my friend Anna, the guy in charge of selling Melvin's CDs tapped me on the shoulder. He took me back to his table, said, "That was an awesome dance," and gave me a CD for free! Sweet! I could see why he gave me one the next times I was on the floor dancing, though. On the subsequent songs I danced to tonight, I could see over my partner's shoulder that the CD guy was staring at us slack-jawed. I don't know if he was drooling over my partner's hips or mine, but he clearly enjoyed ogling one of us while we danced.

As for the CD, I'm listening to it now. If you dig funky blues and/or Albert King, it's worth a listen.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:56 PM

That's pretty cool! What style of dancing was it Wookie? Are you going to film yourself dancing for us again? I really liked it when you did that last time.

Can you catch a girl if she jumps into your arms like Max did when Karina jumped up onto his chest and curled up there for a moment?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM

I was dancing a mix of lindy and blues. Blues dancing is slower, sultrier dance that doesn't use many complicated steps or turns or whatever. It's more about your connection with your partner.

I don't generally do any aerial steps, but I am strong enough to do some lifts, tosses, and catches if the girl isn't too big. I'm not totally sure I could do that exact step mostly because I don't have anyone to practice it with.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blues dancing is slower, sultrier dance that doesn't use many complicated steps or turns or whatever. It's more about your connection with your partner.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're going to need to see a video of this with some zoomed in shots. Shall we say sometime in the next week?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM

Heh. No way I can get a video in less than a week's time. Here are the things that need to happen for me to make a video:

1. I'll only make it at one of our weekly dances (Wednesdays).
2. I have to be scheduled to DJ that night. I want to pick out a good song to dance to, and some DJs only play fast music.
3. There has to be someone there I want to record myself dancing with. I dance with beginners plenty often, but if I'm going to record myself, I'd rather do it with a girl who's more experienced so the video is more fun to watch.
4. I have to remember to bring my camera.

I may DJ next week, though, so it's a possibility.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty cool! What style of dancing was it Wookie? Are you going to film yourself dancing for us again? I really liked it when you did that last time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again?
When was this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Closed Thread