Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

[ QUOTE ]
How is anyone going to stab anyone else after a full baseball bat strike to the body or even to the legs. After a strike like that you aren't going anywhere, you would be off balance or with broken/dislocated body parts.. whatever hand that knife is in is getting hit hard. Maybe not a broken arm but there is no way you are getting any power or accuracy into that knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

because you aren't swinging at a stationary target, and thus can't get near full-force on your swing
Old 07-09-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is anyone going to stab anyone else after a full baseball bat strike to the body or even to the legs. After a strike like that you aren't going anywhere, you would be off balance or with broken/dislocated body parts.. whatever hand that knife is in is getting hit hard. Maybe not a broken arm but there is no way you are getting any power or accuracy into that knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. It's not the bat holder who decides if he hits on the side of the body that the knife hand is in. DUCY?

Also, you don't need very much in the way of either power or accuracy with a knife.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:32 PM

Mike Tyson would bite her ear off while she castrates him.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM

I'm wondering if the bat guy should take his swing at the legs. If he lands a decent blow and is able to back out before getting snipped by the knife, then the knife guy should fall down, then knife guy gets beat down.

Thoughts?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM

i'd rather see a bunch of 5 year olds with knives vs. any 2p2er with a bat (in a standard gymnasium where you can't touch the walls)

----
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] how many could you take [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if the bat guy should take his swing at the legs. If he lands a decent blow and is able to back out before getting snipped by the knife, then the knife guy should fall down, then knife guy gets beat down.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even easier to deflect a strike to your legs than it is to your head or upper body. If you caught the other person unaware and landed a good leg strike it would work, but assuming an equally competent opponent who will presumably be aware of the possibility of you attacking his legs, you're even less likely to do serious damage with a blow to the legs. Everything about the legs (muscles, bones, etc) is stronger in just about everyone.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even easier to deflect a strike to your legs than it is to your head or upper body. If you caught the other person unaware and landed a good leg strike it would work, but assuming an equally competent opponent who will presumably be aware of the possibility of you attacking his legs, you're even less likely to do serious damage with a blow to the legs. Everything about the legs (muscles, bones, etc) is stronger in just about everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, you wouldn't need to do serious damage, you would just have to do enough to trip them up while avoiding that inital knife slash (which should be at mediumish range at that point.) Obviously a blow to the upper body would do much more damage, but it would still be much easier to stay upright with the blow to the upper body than with the one to the lower body. Just like in football, a guy can only block a guy twice his size by cutting him down.

Anyway, I'm not saying this would be enough to give the advantage to the bat guy, but I think it would give him a much better chance. This is assuming it would be over once the knife guy loses his balance (which it should be if the bat guy isnt retarded.)
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Bat vs. Knife

After watching this... I vote knife... robber takes multiple blows with little damage... any will at all and the clerk is done....
Old 07-09-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. It's not the bat holder who decides if he hits on the side of the body that the knife hand is in. DUCY?

Also, you don't need very much in the way of either power or accuracy with a knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point but you are switching the knife between hands while you face me you would have to have your legs at an equal distance away from me to be able to strike with either hand fast. If you are in that stance you can't move very fast.

If you have one foot in front of the other you can't really switch the knife into either hand easily, the rear hand will have power.. the front hand has limited range unless you make some sort of mad dash but thats just lining up for a sideways swing from me.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point but you are switching the knife between hands while you face me you would have to have your legs at an equal distance away from me to be able to strike with either hand fast. If you are in that stance you can't move very fast.

If you have one foot in front of the other you can't really switch the knife into either hand easily, the rear hand will have power.. the front hand has limited range unless you make some sort of mad dash but thats just lining up for a sideways swing from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude all you have to do is evaluate which side the bat swing will come from, put the knife in the other hand and charge the batter, keeping your arm ready to deflect/absorb the bat blow. There is no way the bat has the advantage here. You'll get 1 swing against a prepared, charging opponent before you're taking knife slashes/stabs with no protection whatsoever. Unless you incapacitate/kill the knifer on your first swing you're dead.