Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Bluescouse in freefall

He's pain amuses me. Luckyjimm will also be back in the same boat soon. There's nothing a degen hates more than winning for days on end.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:24 AM

LuckyJim said...

Unfortunately once you get in debt, it becomes even harder to quit. Do you know how long it will take Ed to pay back £4k working an ordinary job? Yet if he could just get hold of some more money, have a nice spin-up, and quit ahead and cash out for once, he could clear it all in a day. Just one more shot.

I've been in this situation myself. I've got £3k in credit card debts hanging over me which I racked up playing poker... thankfully I came to an arrangement with the credit card company and got 18 months interest free, just paying a tenner a month. That's ending soon, and I can't see myself paying them off through honest labour. I just need another big spin-up. Gambling debts should be paid by gambling wins, and not by hard work, or so the mentality goes.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:56 AM

Just read the last few entries of scally scousers blog how high did he play before his downswing?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:08 AM

highest was £100/£200 vs Benngt Sonnert on Cryptologic network.

that is the same as $200/$400. but he had less than 10 buy-ins to his name...
Old 10-14-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
highest was £100/£200 vs Benngt Sonnert on Cryptologic network.

that is the same as $200/$400. but he had less than 10 buy-ins to his name...

[/ QUOTE ]^

Nope he did play 250 500 on betfair and win sometimes..
Old 10-14-2007, 02:40 AM

WE LOVE YOU LUCKYJIMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 03:13 AM

WOW!!!!!

entertaining...but sad

someone get this guy some help
Old 10-14-2007, 03:32 AM

damn. I root for this guy cause of his honesty and naivety (sp?) but geez some of the hands he puts up are just terrible and he seems to think they are OK.

LOL too bad betfair didn't allow US customers even before the UIGEA, some of the biggest sports gamblers must've have been real ATM machines if this guy was cleaning up.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's pain amuses me. Luckyjimm will also be back in the same boat soon. There's nothing a degen hates more than winning for days on end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played anywhere near as high as Bluescouse has, and I've never been anywhere near as successful as spinning up. The biggest win I ever had was £6k in a day; a few times I've won £1-2k in a day, but more usually a good win for me is a few hundred.

In my favour:

(a) I recognise that I need to have a job to fund my gambling, it would be madness to try to survive just on poker, and

(b) although I do find myself playing with just one or two buy-ins, I very rarely go above $1/$2 (with my big spin-up earlier this year an exception) so even if I go bust, it's not hard for me to get the money to get back in the game. I can play quite contently at these low levels.

(c) I haven't taken on a mortgage or borrowed big sums of money from anyone, so I can't really get in too much trouble.

In some ways I'm better at managing my addiction than Ed is. Then again perhaps not, since I know all the indignities and degradation I've suffered because of it yet, unlike with me, we don't hear Ed writing about going without food, wearing ripped clothes, bumming cigarettes from strangers, etc. Ed, at least, seems to have a social life, and probably keeps himself looking presentable. So maybe we're just as bad in our ways.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LuckyJim said...

Unfortunately once you get in debt, it becomes even harder to quit. Do you know how long it will take Ed to pay back £4k working an ordinary job? Yet if he could just get hold of some more money, have a nice spin-up, and quit ahead and cash out for once, he could clear it all in a day. Just one more shot.

I've been in this situation myself. I've got £3k in credit card debts hanging over me which I racked up playing poker... thankfully I came to an arrangement with the credit card company and got 18 months interest free, just paying a tenner a month. That's ending soon, and I can't see myself paying them off through honest labour. I just need another big spin-up. Gambling debts should be paid by gambling wins, and not by hard work, or so the mentality goes

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see what I was doing there?