Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: the king of kong

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Last night spent an hour or so reading Twin Galaxies forum and various other articles and stuff. Sounds like Billy Mitchell got screwed over pretty bad in this movie, but at least he's getting a lot of publicity.

[/ QUOTE ]
But they made a point to show that it wasn't just Billy the Villian, it was all his TwinG fanboys protecting him as well. So don't you have to wonder about the sources that defend him? I'm asking, not arguing. Obv I didn't read all the stuff you read.

IMO Kuh came off as a possibly a bigger dbag than Billy. Like when: <font color="white"> he wouldn't let Steve view the tape. That smug sonofabitch. </font>

Also, Mr. Awesome ruled. Great movie.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO Kuh came off as a possibly a bigger dbag than Billy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, for sure.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOOOOOOOL
I love it when the guy calls him "Roy Awesome"
Old 09-08-2007, 11:50 PM

This movie has really made me want to buy a Donkey Kong arcade game. They're going for about $3500 from the few sites I've checked. Damn, that game is f'ing hard.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This movie has really made me want to buy a Donkey Kong arcade game. They're going for about $3500 from the few sites I've checked. Damn, that game is f'ing hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Surely demand is up due to movie. Pick some obscure game to make your record run at.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:18 AM

No record run here, it's just that DK is a really fun, albeit hard, game. I used to play it on my older brother's Atari back when I was younger and I really enjoyed it. Popeye was also fun. A lot of the machines I saw for the $3500 figure had like 40 games on them.

I'd also really love to get ahold of Off Road. That game was so fun.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Last night spent an hour or so reading Twin Galaxies forum and various other articles and stuff. Sounds like Billy Mitchell got screwed over pretty bad in this movie, but at least he's getting a lot of publicity.

[/ QUOTE ]
But they made a point to show that it wasn't just Billy the Villian, it was all his TwinG fanboys protecting him as well. So don't you have to wonder about the sources that defend him? I'm asking, not arguing. Obv I didn't read all the stuff you read.

IMO Kuh came off as a possibly a bigger dbag than Billy. Like when: <font color="white"> he wouldn't let Steve view the tape. That smug sonofabitch. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree.

El D,
After seeing the movie, don't you think that TwinG is going to continue to support Billy...and that you should maybe read other less biased websites to really get the best opinion of this dude? I mean, he did sau &amp; do ALL that knowing he was being filmed! I just do not think editting would change much about his portrayal of being a d-bag.

-ala
Old 09-09-2007, 02:30 AM

you'd be amazed what editing can do aladare
Old 09-09-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was asking Badger if he knew the people associated with the film because he went to high school with Steve Wiebe and the producers. One of my buddies did that is why.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I know the Associate Producer (Tweel) through a good friend from college. I got to meet a lot of the crew when they were in Austin for South by Southwest.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also really love to get ahold of Off Road. That game was so fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've wanted this game since I was a kid. I used to play it for hours on the NES and in arcades. There's a bar here in Austin that has it that I stop at a lot. I'm always saddened because I'm about 1/1000th as good as I was as a kid. When you figure in selective memory it's more like 1/10th as good, but still, you get the point.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 AM

Finally got around to seeing this (Friday turned into a Wii marathon instead of seeing it), and it was great. I never thought to get a weight lifting glove for trackball games. Perhaps I should make a run at some Golden Tee high scores.

I never realized how hard Donkey Kong was, since I never actually saw those springs. Crazy.

This doesn't make me want to buy a machine, but it does make me want to find one and play the hell out of it for a few hours.