Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Which one video game are you best at?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NHL 94

Using the Sabres and Mogilny, there was the standard slide across the goalie movie, but I added a spinning move that was in addition to it that was unstoppable. Basically you circled the faceoff circle in a wide loop until the goal left the side open and GOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

In our circle this was known simply as "the move" and was considered the mark of a truly cheesy and unskilled player. It was banned on my Sega, and punishable by exile if ever used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every NHL game had "a move" its was part of its greatness

My belief is simple though probably well hated, if its in the game it can be used.

Similar to people who I played Tekken Tag with hating Eddie because they couldnt stop him, but I had no problem beating him, just learn to [censored] block.

Same as NHL 94 if you know what moves are coming shouldnt you be able to stop it??
Old 07-21-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
golden axe.

[/ QUOTE ]

My best friend and I played this in middle school nearly every day. We never made it more than 45 minutes into the game before one of us intentionally pushed the other one off a cliff, sparking a hate-fueled battle that inevitably consumed all our credits. Man I miss that game.

I was pretty much unstoppable on mariokart 64. Also, I dominated my dorm's Lan in CounterStrike. I probably would get destroyed in either on a national level of course.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NHL 94

Using the Sabres and Mogilny, there was the standard slide across the goalie movie, but I added a spinning move that was in addition to it that was unstoppable. Basically you circled the faceoff circle in a wide loop until the goal left the side open and GOOOOAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

In our circle this was known simply as "the move" and was considered the mark of a truly cheesy and unskilled player. It was banned on my Sega, and punishable by exile if ever used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every NHL game had "a move" its was part of its greatness

My belief is simple though probably well hated, if its in the game it can be used.

Similar to people who I played Tekken Tag with hating Eddie because they couldnt stop him, but I had no problem beating him, just learn to [censored] block.

Same as NHL 94 if you know what moves are coming shouldnt you be able to stop it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I didn't say I couldn't stop it! Nothing a simple poke check couldn't stop. Then again, it was a rare occasion that anyone actually even made it behind my net anyway...I just think it took away from the purity of an otherwise flawless game. It's like drinking a vintage wine from a paper bag.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM

The arcade version of Joust!!!!

I'm the baddest [censored] alive at that game.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.
Player that didn't depend on the "move" > then player who did.

Although this move isnt hard to stop if you are good.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:29 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

lots of nhl 94 love. i remember when i was like 14 me and my best friend walked to the video store to rent this game AT LEAST 15 times. my friends dad was v upset we wasted so much money/time. i wasnt.

i beat my friend 13-0 in winning eleven 8 with villa vs manU.

rj
Old 07-21-2006, 01:29 PM

MVP Baseball 2005
Old 07-21-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The arcade version of Joust!!!!

I'm the baddest [censored] alive at that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

My cousin actually set the world record for the arcade version of Joust - over 24 straight hours.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
commando for the NES,loved that game as a kid and never stopped playing it. i could go really far on just one life back in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this bionic commando? I ruled at bionic commando, even though it took awhile to beat.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
commando for the NES,loved that game as a kid and never stopped playing it. i could go really far on just one life back in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this bionic commando? I ruled at bionic commando, even though it took awhile to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my favorite video game stories of all time was bionic commando. my friend and i just couldnt beat it, so we put in that gameshark [censored], made ourselves invincible. after about 3 hours we;re to the final boss. as we;re running up to him my friend falls into a spike pit that doesnt hurt him and he cant jump out of. GG!

rj