Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

Ugh - sitting at work hung over from an open house a Cooley Godward (law firm in SF). I always wondered what they used the $15K we pay for a set of docs for. Apparently top shelf booze and hot paralegal salaries.

Off to the track tonight (bay meadows if anyone's in the area).

Anyone have advice for betting the horses?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you out of school and in the real world, how do you deal with a lack of motivation at work?

For those of you that don't know my story, I worked as both an Operations manager, and eventually a General Manager for a company based in California that built Custom Outdoor BBQ's.

With my market so closely tied to the housing market the business I was involved with took a severe hit in 2006. After hemorrhaging money for most of the year a decision was made to shut the business down in the beginning of 2007.

Basically long story short I ended up working through the help of a friend at A large Corporation that handles tax and payroll. First time every working in a truly corporate environment, and I honestly feel like every day I live the movie Officespace.

Now part of my problem I know is that I am basically starting over at 27, and it pretty much sucks. But I find myself increasingly spending more time on 2+2 and other stupid crap instead of focusing on my work.

It's a good job to start back over with, with a stable company decent starting salary and good benefits....but I just can't seem to stay focused.

Any advice is much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have the exact same problem. I worked in the secondary ticket market(scalpers) for a few years and now work for a large corporation.

Sorry no advice.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me or did goofy get much more boring since he started that job. And didnt he have a date or something, can someone link me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably true, as I now find much less opportunity to get myself into awkward situations with women.

I do, however, have a date a week from Sunday. I linked it somewhere earlier in this thread.

Wolfram, I don't get it - what does the car statement mean? /tired

Also zzzzz college football zzzzzzzz
Old 10-19-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I should give her something special, ideas ssnl?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The master of the response pic strikes again
Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Off to the track tonight (bay meadows if anyone's in the area).

Anyone have advice for betting the horses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only done dogs but I assume they are similar. I normally place three bets on any given race. I put two on the favorite and then one on the super-underdog. I also make sure that the payouts for the favorite winning cover the loss of the "dog" losing so that I come out even every time. Then, if the dog does win, $$$$. I honestly haven't read a whole lot, but I usually leave with an extra bet or two (-beer/food/etc monies).
It's fun.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a great time. I'm not sure if you guys will totally understand this, but there is something very enjoyable about being around younger people who are are hyped up about something (even if they want the other team to win). It was a fun environment to be a part of. After the game, I shook hands with the Rutgers student who I talking to (we were ribbing each other throughout the game -- my best line "You guys need to look into getting Princeton back on your schedule"for most of the game and he had a slightly surprised/shocked look that I wasn't pissed. I mean, I was upset USF lost, but you give credit to a team when they beat you on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Hey we won the Ivy league last year! We stil suck though compared to any real football team.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a great time. I'm not sure if you guys will totally understand this, but there is something very enjoyable about being around younger people who are are hyped up about something (even if they want the other team to win). It was a fun environment to be a part of. After the game, I shook hands with the Rutgers student who I talking to (we were ribbing each other throughout the game -- my best line "You guys need to look into getting Princeton back on your schedule")for most of the game and he had a slightly surprised/shocked look that I wasn't pissed. I mean, I was upset USF lost, but you give credit to a team when they beat you on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on your allegiance to a school. There is hardly friendship during football games in SEC football, I want to spill the blood of any fans from the opposing team for [censored] talking/cheering in our stadium.

I lost my bet on USF covering -2.5, but on the plus side the Gamecocks should move up if there is no upset tomorrow. I love my [censored].
Old 10-19-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on your allegiance to a school. There is hardly friendship during football games in SEC football, I want to spill the blood of any fans from the opposing team for [censored] talking/cheering in our stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? like... really? You honestly want fans of the other team to literally spill their blood? Like, they're fans of that team in general b/c they happened to be born near there. I mean sports and rivalries are cool and everything, but isn't this kinda ignorant?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 PM

UGgggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Saw Death at a Funeral last night.

One of the worst movies I've seen this year. Maybe even this decade.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:57 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos

Go to NFLTA : Celebrity picks. Dude from 'The Comebackers' picking Week 7 games, bloody hilarious. Anyone seen the film - worth watching?
Closed Thread