Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Official June Thread: General Discussion/etc

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AceCR9 thats a terrible fold live against a donk with 600 already in on the flop although I guess you now know that lol

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh... WRONG

[/ QUOTE ]

I do prefer to actually put people on hand ranges rather than go with the OMG I HAVE TWO PAIR I CALL line of thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah putting huge fish on hand ranges is pretty useless. They slowplay all their big hands anyways, you really think he shoves a set or AK on the turn?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:30 PM

lol. so I decide to show the trader I am interning for my graph from last night which has led to some hilarious poker discussion today as well as queries of "can we stake you?" hmm 100/200NL sure does sound appealing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

theres also been standard funny questions, mainly about how much money FTP makes from the rake, as well as how to get money on/offline etc.

The funniest thing was the one guy goes, after telling him I mainly play one-on-one games, "so if you're playing someone and he wins like 4-5 hands in a row he can just get up and leave right? does that happen a lot?" me chuckling, yea thats pretty common.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AceCR9 thats a terrible fold live against a donk with 600 already in on the flop although I guess you now know that lol

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh... WRONG

[/ QUOTE ]

I do prefer to actually put people on hand ranges rather than go with the OMG I HAVE TWO PAIR I CALL line of thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah putting huge fish on hand ranges is pretty useless. They slowplay all their big hands anyways, you really think he shoves a set or AK on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya really, how do you put someone on a hand when he has no logical reason for anything that he does?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:58 PM

btw, if any of you guys like listening to creative and clever instrumental music while playing, definitely check out rjd2's latest album (prob all his albums). its amazing.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 PM

snipes get me a job
Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, if any of you guys like listening to creative and clever instrumental music while playing, definitely check out rjd2's latest album (prob all his albums). its amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

rjd2= crappy version of DJ Shadow, but still pretty good. I listened to his first two albums for a long time but then got really sick of him. Haven't heard the third one yet.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rjd2= crappy version of DJ Shadow, but still pretty good. I listened to his first two albums for a long time but then got really sick of him. Haven't heard the third one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

DJ Shadow is sick. really good to listen to during a session.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:02 PM

Followed a huge fish up a couple of levels only for this to happen:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1,484.82
BB: $1,209.50
UTG: $145.00
Hero (CO): $945.00
BTN: $980.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $30.00, BB calls $25.00

Flop: ($105) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($105) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $80.00</font>, SB calls $80.00, <font color="red">BB raises to $250.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $910.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $660.00

River: ($2005) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $2,005.00 ($2 Rake)

BB had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight Nine to King) and WON (+$1,058.00)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Queens) and LOST (-$945.00)

Started back at 200NL trying to get my money back only for stuff like this to happen more than once:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $95.35
BB: $352.60
UTG: $229.00
MP: $647.62
CO: $60.00
Hero (BTN): $219.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $7.00, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $29.00</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $22.00

Flop: ($66) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $50.00</font>, Hero calls $50.00

Turn: ($166) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $140.35</font>, BB calls $140.35

River: ($446.70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $446.70 ($3 Rake)

BB had 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight Six to Ten) and WON (+$224.35)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Tens) and LOST (-$219.35)

Leading to me going on semitilt and trying the impossible art of getting people to lay down hands:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $95.65
BB: $378.60
UTG: $232.00
MP: $392.27
CO: $67.20
Hero (BTN): $194.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $8.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25.00</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $17.00

Flop: ($53) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $36.00</font>, MP calls $36.00

Turn: ($125) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $133.00</font>, MP calls $133.00

River: ($391) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $391.00 ($3 Rake)

MP had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON (+$194.00)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (high card Ace) and LOST (-$194.00)

Wanna kill myself now.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DJ Shadow is sick. really good to listen to all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-21-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

DJ Shadow is sick. really good to listen to during a session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Endtroducing has seriously gotta be one of the greatest alltime records of any genre