Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Peer to Peer transfer NET who do U trust ?

Well I'm off to bed - going to deal with Neteller in the morning.

If anyone manages to get an account re-opened I'd appreciate a PM detailing how [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mat
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM

I just cashed all my money out of neteller. Never really thought one day my money would be safer on party than it is on Neteller. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This whole situation with neteller is way worse than party CS support ever was. Neteller did say they were going to pull out of the US market all along, how could they not have a plan in place already?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:13 PM

For those getting blocked, about how many transfers did you do?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I transfered $27.5k most of it for the one guy.

Mat
Old 01-29-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm off to bed - going to deal with Neteller in the morning.

If anyone manages to get an account re-opened I'd appreciate a PM detailing how [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

UC

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-29-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did around 9 transfers (8 stars, 1 FT) for around $20k.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM

im after having(what i thought was) a very interesting conversation with a CS supervisor who appeared to know what he was talking about.

i asked him whether it was ok for my american cousin and his friend to transfer their account balances to me and then for me to transfer that money to them on Poker Stars - i told him that my cousin was told by another CS rep yesterday that this was the recommended way for him to clear his balance.

he told me that he couldnt comment on this and that he certainly wouldnt advise it. he then told me that american customers couldnt transfer to or from poker sites but that european customers were free to do so.

this is where my "reading between the lines" skills came into effect.

i then asked him would it be ok for my american buddies to transfer their balances to me and for me to do whatever i liked with them.

he said that as P2P transfers were not illegal under the new law, that so long as they didnt transfer to a poker site, everything would be ok. what i then did with what was now my account balance was up to me as i had no restrictions on where i could transfer it as i was a european customer.

i then asked him once again could i transfer it to a poker site on their behalf but he again told me that he couldnt comment on this and he certainly wouldnt advise it but "i refer to my previous comments on what YOU can do with YOUR money" (his stress on the words, not mine)

i asked him to confirm whether i would be correct to read between the lines in interpreting his comments and he again said that he couldnt comment on that but he said that what i did with my account balance was up to me.

i then asked him whether my Neteller account was at threat from me helping my american friends and he said that he was 95% sure that my account would not be affected in any way and i would face no sanctions from Neteller themselves over this kind of transaction.
he is to confirm this last point with one of his superiors tomorrow evening when he comes into work and i am to ring him back to check it out.

when i do ring him back, i am going to tell him that my cousin and his friend have now recruited another few friends for me to help out and whether this would affect my account or not.

my take on the whole thing(which seems kinda useless now given that a few accounts have been closed for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]):

- Neteller CS reps WILL NOT say that doing this is ok either by email or on recorded telephone calls due to their fear that it may be held against them further down the line.

- they have no issues with me doing what i want with MY account balance and i can transfer it to wherever i want as US law does not affect me in any way so i can therefore accept and make transfers as i was earlier. Of course, doing this for numerous people may be a different story but this will be confirmed tomorrow.

i may be off the mark on this and i will post the results from tomorrows telephone conversation when the time comes.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM

Okay, they can close neteller permanently.. but they will return the remaining balance, right? Please keep us updated.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:19 PM

my Neteller account is closed and I didn't do any transfers at all...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 PM

Anybody still doing Net to Stars transfers? PM me please. pleatherman
Closed Thread