Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Were you going to pay the $10 for live stats on Yahoo?
Yes, what fun is it without live stats? 18 66.67%
No, I'll just check in Monday and see if I won or lost 7 25.93%
I'm not sure. 2 7.41%
Just show me the results / I'm not in the league 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: ~~~ OFFICIAL YANKEES 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OR BUST THREAD ~~

I don't speak for Andy. I'd be surprised if he hasn't considered the possibility that the Yankees were somehow unlucky (and either accepted it as the case or rejected it as irrelevant or something else). Not implicitly to endorse this use of forecasts... but can we expect Posada, Jeter, and Rodriquez to regress in the second half and/or next year?

I try not to under (or over) estimate the fuzzy art of looking at a lineup and saying: "Philips & Cairo platooning 1st base, wtf?" or "Jeeze, you take Giambi out of the middle of that card and there's a different kind of pressure on other folks to which they aren't responding" or "Hope our pitching holds up until we finally start stringing 5 hits together like we need to" or "Needing 450+ innings of bullpen puts more pressure on our pen and recursively more pressure on or starters which puts more pressure on our pen... and, lordy, maybe we suck." or "were we always this slow and looking this old?" etc

Anyway. This will be an interesting year/character test, to see if they can perform from here in and somehow keep hope alive deep into September.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second, usually I would wait until the All-Star Break before twisting the knife, but the Yankee’s Mystic doth cause me to ignore this sacrosanct rule of etiquette.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhhh, you USUALLY wait till the All-Star break. Good one sir, good one. It's especially good since, you know, the Yankees have made the playoffs the last 13 years. But yea, usually you wait till the All Star Break to twist the knife, but I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The title of the thread is OFFICIAL YANKEES 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OR BUST THREAD ~~ . But that said your reaction was not only bad but silly. You need to read Marcus Aurelius.

For an excellent example of deflecting the outrageous arrows of fortune and the capricious sword of fate, see Andy's response post to my kidding and knife twisting. Andy’s post is well thought out, well written, with sharp baseball analysis that shows a keen eye about the overall game and the acumen to come to a reasonable conclusion about the NY Yankees season. Andy knows more about baseball than I do. Yet his post shows no ire, no backchat, no sharpness, and no chutzpah. Just the plain truth, which is a rarity these days.

Kudos to Andy Fox.

However you, Mr. THAY3R, flunked the test. But then we all fail once in awhile.

-Zeno
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 PM

AWWWWW JETE JETE JETE JETE JETE JETE

CLUTCH single before they tarp it, that's super gravylicious
Old 06-28-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Second, usually I would wait until the All-Star Break before twisting the knife, but the Yankee’s Mystic doth cause me to ignore this sacrosanct rule of etiquette.

Ohhhh, you USUALLY wait till the All-Star break. Good one sir, good one. It's especially good since, you know, the Yankees have made the playoffs the last 13 years. But yea, usually you wait till the All Star Break to twist the knife, but I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The title of the thread is OFFICIAL YANKEES 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OR BUST THREAD ~~ . But that said your reaction was not only bad but silly. You need to read Marcus Aurelius.

For an excellent example of deflecting the outrageous arrows of fortune and the capricious sword of fate, see Andy's response post to my kidding and knife twisting. Andy’s post is well thought out, well written, with sharp baseball analysis that shows a keen eye about the overall game and the acumen to come to a reasonable conclusion about the NY Yankees season. Andy knows more about baseball than I do. Yet his post shows no ire, no backchat, no sharpness, and no chutzpah. Just the plain truth, which is a rarity these days.

Kudos to Andy Fox.

However you, Mr. THAY3R, flunked the test. But then we all fail once in awhile.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

what the motherfuck are you talking about.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 AM

seriously zeno - i like a marcus aurelius reference as much as the next man, but i've no idea what you're after in this thread.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AWWWWW JETE JETE JETE JETE JETE JETE

CLUTCH single before they tarp it, that's super gravylicious

[/ QUOTE ]

ya that was awesome

im still [censored] wet but i stayed the whole time until it was obv the game would be suspended
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 AM

also got to meet andy pettitte and ron villone before the game
Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 PM

Last year, they lose this game, because the old rule was that an uncompleted inning reverts back to the previous complete inning.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Triumph,

I'll let you out of our Clemens bet for $80 right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

hah - waaay too much time left in the season for that. plus clemens could get hurt before 10 starts and miss the rest of the year, which means no one pays anyone.

i will consider settling after 10 starts but not before.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair point... if i were you i'd go tanya harding on clemens ASAP
Old 06-29-2007, 09:52 PM

i'm used to yankees games ending without a bottom of the ninth, but wtf were the yankees doing celebrating

nice win, one of those 'one-run' wins i've been hearing so much about. wish mussina's DIPS were better, but what can you do