NO WTFbwafBbQ you sux 61 43.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't let your homerism get in the way of rational thought chase. The notion of giving up a first round pick for Tony Ugoh when you already have the best offensive line in the NFL is stupid. They had so many other holes to fill up and they chose Tony Ugoh? That's just foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tarik Glenn's contract expires at the end of this year. No way are they going to resign him. Do you not know that?

As to the other holes, the only hole they have is LB at the moment. They need depth at CB, S, DT, but the only true hole is LB. They addressed the CB and DT at the end of the 3rd and just now took a S and LB. They still have 3 more picks and all will be spent on D.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will take a RB sometime this afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have 4 RB's on the roster, I don't really see the need to draft one when they need another corner because they only have 4 viable options at the moment. I'm betting they will sign a RB has a FA but I don't see the real need to draft one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mungro is comming off a knee injury, Dorsey and Lawton are undrafted, practice squad guys at best.

They need depth here badly.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:35 PM

It just seems to me that the depth is needed more at CB and S. They have shown before they can plug undrafted FA RB's in and succeed. And they have been able to find some great CB/S in round 4-6 area, just seems to me these next two pick are D. As far as the 7th rounder goes, that's pretty much the same as a undrafted FA.

We will see soon, but I'm banking on D.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:41 PM

DJax to the Niners for the 124th also was supposedly a done deal. Just woke up and didn't see anyone else mention it
Old 04-29-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love what the Bears have done this draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more meh then anything else. Getting olsen and beekman=good picks, reaching on Bazuin, Wolfe, and Okwo=not so sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg Olsen at 31 and Josh Beekman in the 4th=incredible.

I like the Wolfe pick, Okwo is a guy who kind of fell under the radar for some reason. The Bazuin pick is a head scratcher, but their's now Alex Brown trade rumors and I give Jerry Angelo the beinefit of the doubt. Not many have drafted better than him in recent years. Please let Rufus Alexander be their at #167.

San Fransisco's draft looks awesome.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Oh dear God Giants.

Why did you draft that guy I never heard of?

I had a feeling they'd go tight end, but somebody like Ben Patrick.

Should've gotten Mason Crosby instead.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DJax to the Niners for the 124th also was supposedly a done deal. Just woke up and didn't see anyone else mention it

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if your asking if this happened or what...

It happened, Seattle picked at 124.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cleveland Browns (B)

[/ QUOTE ]

They picked 2 of the top 5 players in the draft, how is that a B? As others have said grading drafts before players ever take the field is kind of pointless. A year ago I would've given the Bears draft an F; Devin Hester, Mark Anderson and Danieal Manning turned out alright.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love what the Bears have done this draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more meh then anything else. Getting olsen and beekman=good picks, reaching on Bazuin, Wolfe, and Okwo=not so sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg Olsen at 31 and Josh Beekman in the 4th=incredible.

I like the Wolfe pick, Okwo is a guy who kind of fell under the radar for some reason. The Bazuin pick is a head scratcher, but their's now Alex Brown trade rumors and I give Jerry Angelo the beinefit of the doubt. Not many have drafted better than him in recent years. Please let Rufus Alexander be their at #167.

San Fransisco's draft looks awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

with okwo, there is a problem IMO, right now, he is very undersized, so he'd need to add 10-15 lbs, but that may very well take away from his speed. Wolfe, to me just has 3rd down back written all over him and we already have that in adrian peterson. I just don't know what to say about bazuin, I really don't know what to say. Angelo has done a great job drafting in the mid to late rounds, but, his first two rounds over the past couple of years has been a lot more hit and miss. i just don't know, I'm very meh on this draft and would really like to see a WR added to the mix, another LB, and another OL somewhere
Old 04-29-2007, 01:58 PM

Never fear I'm here to strighten all this Colts mess out.

First, Glenn will leave, if not this year, then in the next 3. This will be a sad day. The man who's primarily responsible for keeping Peyton on his feet and uninjured will be leaving, but the Colts line staff is the best in the league (in whatever quantifiable measure that exists), they'll train Ugoh.

Next, picking Gonzo first isn't nearly as big a mistake as you're making it out to be. The Colts needed a 3rd Wide out, and they got a quality one. This allows Clark to play his natural position and still be a target. I'll say it again, is there any D in the league that's excited about Manning having 4 solid options plus an RB safety valve to throw to. I don't think it's possible to never throw an interception but we'll soon see.

Concerning the trade. It's clear they gave up too much. They could've traded for Ugoh later using that pick and waited to see if he fell, they could've done a sign and trade with some of the FAs they let go. That said, it's still not a catastrophe. In all likelyhood the Colts 1st rounder next year will be 25+, so it's basically a second rounder, not that high a price.

As for Defense, or rather the lack of D picks. They got great value in rounds 2 and 3 with their two D picks. Also, the Colts have run a smaller, faster D under Tony Dungy. Last year, riddled with injuries, they played awfully. Playoff time rolled around, the team got healthy and they became one of the strongest Ds in the league. People call it an anomoly, but 4 games in the playoffs and the entire season prior isn't an anomoly, it's proof of Dungies system. For the other proof I suppose you could look at my avatar.
They're going to pick more defensive players on Day 2, no doubt. But the Colts have always relied on supplementing through the draft and have done a fantastic job thus far.

Cody
Old 04-29-2007, 02:02 PM

Wow. Justin Medlock went before Mason Crosby.

That's surprising.