Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/26

Blonde Commodus got the next solo. He's clearly the guy who's had the best movement so far, but Pasha had better expression. BC's leaps were extremely impressive, though.

Fro Girl followed with her solo. I liked Lauren better. Sabre has better extension, but Lauren's quickness and crispness shined better.

Looks like it's time to catch up on solos. LotM is up. He looked better than Dom, but he wasn't as expressive as BC or Pasha.

Now, my pick for the people who got panned too much by the judges were Dom and Jaimie. I think a little bit of over the top is fine when it comes to ballroom. I thought the blend of styles was interesting, even if this wasn't as good as the first Viennese waltz this season.

I had really high hopes for Lacey's solo, but honestly, she kinda let me down. I liked Lauren better.

Danny got the last solo spot. I thought this would really be his thing, too, and he kinda let me down. He made great use of his long arms and legs, though. It's hard for me to rank the top 3 guys, really. I thought Pasha was the most expressive, but with the worst technique of the 3. Neil had the best technique by my eye, but the worst expression of these 3. Danny was #2 for both.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 PM

Oh, I forgot to make my picks of who's leaving. I think it will be Dom and Sara. My outside picks will be LotM, and, hmmm. Man, the top 4 girls are such monsters that I'm going to hate seeing any of them go at this point. I guess it might be Jaimie. I loved her solo, but there's a chance the Viennese with Dom that the judges panned did her in.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:14 PM

Very nice writeup Wook! I appreciate the thought you put into your reviews. We have reached a point in the competition where all the girls are exceptional. I can certainly understand why you like Jamie and Fro girl. I sort of bounce back and forth between favorites each week.

This week my standings are Lacey > Lauren > Jamie = Fro Girl. I think they are all crazy good though.

Sometimes I think Lauren is the most talented. She does hit every beat at exactly the right rhythm and speed and there is nothing she can't do. She outshines her partners and her smile is radient. Personally I loved her partnership with Neal. Those two were magic together.

Lacey brings a certain sexiness to the floor. You can't deny she has a sparkle in her eye, something naughty about her dances that I think we all appreciate. It's spellbinding!

I agree that Last of the Mohicans is the weakest male left. Nevertheless, there is a time and place for telling him that he could use more training (not to mention his speed and extensions need a lot of work) without calling his dancing "immature" in front of 15 million viewers. I just did not like Mia's approach and never really have. It's a girl thing. I wanted to hug LoTM. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 09:26 PM

Man, all of a sudden I'm in the middle of a huge thunderstorm. I guess we'll see if I keep having electricity until the end of the show!

I agree, though, that Mia didn't choose her words well. She was mostly tearing him down instead of giving him things to work on.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:33 PM

oh [censored]. This is a disaster.

Lauren > Jamie > Sarah! What happened here? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 PM

Well, we did good picking the men, but not the women. Man, Sara must have a lot of fans.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:55 PM

Man, based on those solos, I want to see Dom come back. He was great.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 PM

I'm somewhat surprised that LotM got cut, but I'm not disappointed, either. Having never been in the bottom 3 to getting the ax is quite a transition. I figured Dom would get the cut since LotM was the only guy who had never been in the bottom 3. I guess it's clear that Lacey is a real force in this competition, if not the favorite girl, if not the favorite over all. She was clearly getting the votes out for herself even if LotM wasn't as popular.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:40 PM

So You Think You Can Dance

A mixed bag tonight. Some wonderful choreography and unfortunately some boring stuff too. Each couple had two dances to perform so it was really a full show. I can't wait to hear what MrWookie thinks of our final 8.

That Neil...whoa...freaking hot! He and Pasha are on my hot tamale train tonight oh yes they are. And Lauren too. God she is smokin.

P.S. Has anyone seen Sniper lately?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 AM

I guess you're back? I'm not sure I'll be able to give you a good report tomorrow night. Real life might come in the way, but I'll write up something Friday or so if I don't do it tomorrow.