Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you like them, what do you like about them?
Catchy, well-written songs 84 25.93%
Mick Jagger's unique voice 41 12.65%
They defined blues-based rock-and-roll music for a generation 69 21.30%
Great musicians 61 18.83%
Everything about them is great, you're insane 69 21.30%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: POG Anniversary Game Thread

VERY ACTUALLY FOR REAL IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Ok guys here's the whole story - yesterday I claimed a role without actually claiming a role. I AM STILL NOT CLAIMING SAID ROLE NOW BUT IT IS PRETTY FREAKING OBVIOUS WHICH ROLE I AM NOT CLAIMING

[ QUOTE ]
BTW at about 2:00 AM this morning I had cleared everyone in the entire game except the following 3 people

Confucious
Juan Carlos
Gingerbreadman

Just FYI

[/ QUOTE ]

IT SHOULD ALSO BE PRETTY FREAKING OBVIOUS THAT IF I WERE IN FACT THE ROLE I AM NOT CLAIMING THAT ALL MY POWERS THAT I PROBABLY DON'T HAVE WOULD BE GONE NOW

I tried to kind of roll with the idea that I could be claiming one of two roles yesterday but when one of said roles got lynched (the one I wasn't actually claiming - not the one I'm not claiming) it kind of ruined my plan

AGAIN - EVERYONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PLAN WAS - THE GOAL WAS TO GET NIGHTKILLED OR ROLEBLOCKED DESPITE THE FACT THAT I AM NOW COMPLETELY POWERLESS EXCEPT AS A CONFIRMED VILLAGER (unless I am NOT the role that I am NOT claiming)

lol village

lynch Ill Subliminal
Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM

Rereading subliminal.

His first 3 posts are jokelike and random votes. I guess kind of standard in this game.

This is his fourth post, still has had no content before that, for some reason likes his vote on Luigi. He says it's "Just Feel".

This post, however, I feel is a village post:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Way to waste a good village power. You're a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think tokyo claiming is fine. He will never be lynched now anyway, and the evils will not kill him until after they have killed the seers, so we don't have to wast time analyzing or suspecting him. The only downsides are that there is one less candidate for a seer hunt, and if he made it to an end game he could give us a last minute confirmed (otoh we also won't have the seer wasting a peek now).

All in all, seems like a +EV trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

He then bickers with Bradshaw, easy to do.

Then he brings up the Mat Sklansky role as everyone is talking about trying to figure out who is posting under whom:

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, someone fooled me with their impersonation earlier, or someone is fooling me now.

General question: Do you think someone trying to impersonate another players style is more, less, or equally likely to be a wolf?

Also, here is a real good reason not to speak in gimick speak: Mat Sklansky.

Also, don't forget that there is vote buying.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then he votes PinkTutu 2 minutes before nightfall. Up to this point he was meh in general IMO. But unless Grindhouse is a wolf, why would we lynch him?

I still think we learn a lot by lynching Grindhouse btw.

Day 2:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi. I think pope is a good vote today. I think voting grindhouse is a bad idea, but I am still thinking about the implications of xorbie being lynched yesterday. If pope starts posting some content, I might reconsider, but I really don't like his posts yesterday, last minute pile on grindhouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid post here. And this post:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All, I have found a wolf. Congratulate me.

Ill Subliminal

Greasefire is a fine wagon, and one I will be joining if Ill does not take off. Marie sounds wolfy, but given her vote last night I'm not

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this at all. You think marie sounds wolfy but give her a pass because she voted for the evil seer when I put a very late (possibly the last) vote on the tutu because I thought grind sounded like a villager? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted to show that Bee's was VERY inconsistent the day after the lynch (he is interacting with Bees in the quote above).

Then he flip-flops on his Grindhouse opinion:

[ QUOTE ]
Well maybe we do have to lynch grindhouse. If he is the evil votebuyer, it will difintely remove some of the villager cred of the tutu wagon. Would the good votebuyer move a vote yesterday? That is the real question I am struggling with. At first I thought sure, because it really seemed like grindhouse was the more villagery of the two, but seeing the impact a smart good vote buyer could easily leave it alone and let the wagons get resolved the next day.

<u>[switch vote to grindhouese]</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

Explaining the flip-flop:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well maybe we do have to lynch grindhouse. If he is the evil votebuyer, it will difintely remove some of the villager cred of the tutu wagon. Would the good votebuyer move a vote yesterday? That is the real question I am struggling with. At first I thought sure, because it really seemed like grindhouse was the more villagery of the two, but seeing the impact a smart good vote buyer could easily leave it alone and let the wagons get resolved the next day.

<u>[switch vote to grindhouese]</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

qfwtf

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so hard to understand? In my mind there are two possibilities: either the evil votebuyer dropped the ball yesterday and the good votebuyer didn't, or the evil votebuyer moved a vote (regardless of what the good votebuyer did).

My first thought was surely the evil vote buyer dropped the ball because of the unlikelihood of having two very powerful wolves dual wagoned. Then I read all the arguing back and forth over whether grindhouse has to die or not and it dawns on me that a votebuyer might have seriously considered the impact of moving a vote and swaying a day one wagon might do more harm that good. What if we had a two villager wagon? What if grind was evil and tutu was good? These are things the good votebuyer would have to consider, so now I am not as certain that the evil votebuyer dropped the ball since I am not so certain the good vote buyer would have moved a vote on day one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then today's posts.

All in all, I say he's like 70% villager.

Thoughts? Bee's ?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:58 PM

akimbo is a way way way better vote than bees knees

[ QUOTE ]
VERY ACTUALLY FOR REAL IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Ok guys here's the whole story - yesterday I claimed a role without actually claiming a role. I AM STILL NOT CLAIMING SAID ROLE NOW BUT IT IS PRETTY FREAKING OBVIOUS WHICH ROLE I AM NOT CLAIMING

[ QUOTE ]
BTW at about 2:00 AM this morning I had cleared everyone in the entire game except the following 3 people

Confucious
Juan Carlos
Gingerbreadman

Just FYI

[/ QUOTE ]

IT SHOULD ALSO BE PRETTY FREAKING OBVIOUS THAT IF I WERE IN FACT THE ROLE I AM NOT CLAIMING THAT ALL MY POWERS THAT I PROBABLY DON'T HAVE WOULD BE GONE NOW

I tried to kind of roll with the idea that I could be claiming one of two roles yesterday but when one of said roles got lynched (the one I wasn't actually claiming - not the one I'm not claiming) it kind of ruined my plan

AGAIN - EVERYONE SHOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PLAN WAS - THE GOAL WAS TO GET NIGHTKILLED OR ROLEBLOCKED DESPITE THE FACT THAT I AM NOW COMPLETELY POWERLESS EXCEPT AS A CONFIRMED VILLAGER (unless I am NOT the role that I am NOT claiming)

lol village

lynch Ill Subliminal

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.

Akimbo

*slap*

hyachachacha!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Also - it is very obvious that I am village (role I am not claiming) not wolf (role I am not claiming).

ZOMG INVINCIBLE

I'll probably get lynched anyways
Old 04-16-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Akimbo

*slap*

hyachachacha!

[/ QUOTE ]

COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IN [censored] ENGLISH???
Old 04-16-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also - it is very obvious that I am village (role I am not claiming) not wolf (role I am not claiming).

ZOMG INVINCIBLE

[/ QUOTE ]sasami thinks yoko will say you are a good lynch because you are not a power villager anymore
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ZOMG INVINCIBLE

[/ QUOTE ]sasami thinks yoko will say you are a good lynch because you are not a power villager anymore

[/ QUOTE ]
Jim Bob thinks Yoko will not because Yoko knows better. Jim Bob will even sing to Yoko if Sasami thinks it will help
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Akimbo

*slap*

hyachachacha!

[/ QUOTE ]

COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IN [censored] ENGLISH???

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah

Hyachachacha!