Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/16

I agree she is more intelligent and likable than Paris or Anna Nicole. She seemed to be acting kind of dumb on purpose. And the shoes were very retarded. She's this little tiny girl on 5" clunky heels. I didn't get it. Loved her new house though.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 PM

On the schedule tonight - the finale of the Next Food Network Star followed by Dinner: Impossible. I'm really looking forward to them.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Did anyone else watch Dinner:Impossible last night? That show is exhausting.

Odell, Sniper:

Age of Love is on now.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 PM

Hehehe...omg! what the hell was that?

Anyone else watching this show besides me? Maria just straddled Mark and put his hand on her chest in front of all the other girls. The girls were giggling at her and she got all pissy. Women are funny [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 PM

I missed it due to my son's Wii playing. Kids and Age of Love don't mix.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:54 PM

Wow, I haven't contributed to this thread in a long time. :b

Well, from all the TV that I have been watching, the best of the summmer (so far, @ least IMO) has to be The Closer. Kyra Sedgwick is dynamite in that role! She is, arguably, the best actress on TV. There are a few other candidates up there, but she just hits it out of the park every single time. Granted, the accent she uses is a little over the top but she pulls it off solidly.

The show in general is the basic police procedural yet I sort of "feel" it more here from this character.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 7/26

Oh in the continuing spirit of the thread:

Tonight I will be DVR-ing Big Brother 8 (8pm EST on CBS). I am hooked again and loving it!

For the ppl who are totally against this one, the only "corny" part of this show is when they compete for the food each week imo. It is very minor in the scope of the game.

EVERYTHING else here is just as strong as any of your fav. reality competitions on the tube. The personalities are always polarizing. The back-stabbing, scheming, conniving and overall "gaming" that happens is top-notch.

Also, the estranged father/daughter aspect this year has really added a real bit of sensibility to the game. Good choice CBS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 07:13 PM

Katy,

You catch SYTYCD this week? I'm starting now.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM

Good to see you back, J.C.Gloves! We missed you.

So You Think You Can Dance -

Well, we're down to about 10. Not exactly sure how many. Last night they did something I don't remember from the previous season. Everyone danced one routine with a partner and every one danced a solo piece that was choreographed by Wade. They all did the exact same solo piece and boy was it a stinker. It was some weird contemporary piece that was all jerky and spastic. At one point during the solo the dancer has to belt out a primal scream. Ugh.

My favorites
Lacey - oh my god is she an awesome dancer. I loved what she did with her samba routine. Wish I could link it for you guys because you would love it for sure.

Pasha - I'm still a huge fan. I just love the way he dances.

Check out the way the judges disrespected Kameron. His eyes just went dim. So hard for me to watch that. I think I hate that Mia lady.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 PM

Does Wookie Think You Can Dance, 7/25-7/26

Well, after a brief stop in frumpsville last week, Cat is back to looking bangin' tonight.

Lauren and Pasha are up first. That's an awesome draw for Pasha, but he's not going really capitalize on their strengths. However, I've been itching to see Pasha do hip hop. I figured that would be the dance that could really test him. Their routine was awesome. The choreography was brilliant, and the musicality was great. Lauren really, really shined here. Pasha was also much better than I expected, although some of his hands and arms weren't as crisp or sharp as Lauren's in a few spots, like doing the Scarecrow.

Jaimie's solo was stunning. This really, really showed her off. She's a contemporary dancer, and so it danced into her strength, but the choreography showed more musicality than the other contemporary dances she's done. She showed a great range of movement that was crisp and sharp and fast, as well as slow and fluid. I was extremely impressed with her here, and this could vault her to the top of my ladies.

I would hate, hate, hate to have to follow that, and Dom got the shaft. They didn't even mercifully put a couple's routine in between Jaimie and him. Dom did well, but it's clear he doesn't have the flexibility in his body that Jaimie does. He couldn't have the same fluidity and grace that she did. I have to tip my hat to him for going out and trying to follow Jaimie there and clearly giving it his all while dancing out of his element, but he could well be at the bottom of the list with that solo.

LotM and Fro Girl are up next. For me, their routine lacked the musicality of the hip hop. It had a whole lot of movement where I didn't hear notes, and for me, that kind of turns me off. Katy might start hating me, too, but I largely agree with the judges that LotM didn't seem as expressive to me. I think Mary nailed it in that it was something with his extension. Mia was rough, but the bar is so high here that I don't think LotM has quite made it above it.

Now Sara's up for her solo. Sara again couldn't keep up with Jaimie. For me, what I missed was the expression in her face, and the extension. Sara looked like she was just out there to work hard rather than to tell a story.

See, now in stark contrast to Sara, Pasha has one of the most expressive faces on the show. His movement was good, but his strength was his facial expression.

Lacey drew Danny, and that's another hot partnership. Lacey was absolutely ridiculous. She'd give Anya a run for her money in her own element. Danny was little more than a pole for Lacey to dance on for about half of it, but he did alright when he got going. Lacey is definitely going to go far in this competition.

Lauren's solo outshined Sara, but she didn't quite make it to Jaimie's level. Her extension wasn't quite as good, and I liked Jaimie's bounce in a few steps, better. Still, Lauren looked sharp, and I liked seeing her smiling in places to contrast with the seriousness of the rest of the routine.