FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your move?
Push 9 39.13%
Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

MD there is a 3 in 4 chance they are lying to you.

right now every bad guy is outed.

that means if you switch back now you have a 75% chance to win.

if you believe them you have a 25% chance to win.

brilliantly played, but switch back now....

*yawn*

I know you guys are all watching to see if I change my vote at the last second huh?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, these games are played to win, and I believe this is the right decision for me to win. So Im sticking with my vote. WDC and IY said that even if they WERE Errand they would not switch over to the bad guys team. IMO, that is not how the rules are spelled out. Errand IS a BAD GUY, and should be played like a bad guy. Sure, this situation is different because I started out a good guy (in my head), but the role i believe i have is one of a bad guy, so I must play it that way. Not doing so would be akin to a wolf just deciding to abandon his wolf teammates in the middle of the game and just become a villager. This decision is final.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't confuse WDC and IY SAYING they wouldn't change votes if they were Errand with that being what they'd actually do. As someone who thought they were a villager I'd SAY that even if I were told I were Errand I wouldn't change my vote - purely to dissuade anyone else who happened to be Errand from changing. But if I became convinced I was Errand I'd vote with the badguys. Stating a course of action you'd take isn't necessary representative of what you'll actually do - sometimes it's said just for the effect it can potentially have on other people.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Um please don't do this MD. It won't work. We will lose because 11s is nachak. If he dies tonight, we lose a TON of voting power. We will not have enough votes tomorrow to win. THAT'S why we couldn't chance a coinflip tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

IY, Im sorry. Your arguments are compelling.

All, I dont think any of you will be upset if I am Errand and made this decision, but if I am not, you will obviously be very upset at my huge blunder. Either way, I have lost it for the village, and for that Im sorry.

However, these games are played to win, and I believe this is the right decision for me to win. So Im sticking with my vote. WDC and IY said that even if they WERE Errand they would not switch over to the bad guys team. IMO, that is not how the rules are spelled out. Errand IS a BAD GUY, and should be played like a bad guy. Sure, this situation is different because I started out a good guy (in my head), but the role i believe i have is one of a bad guy, so I must play it that way. Not doing so would be akin to a wolf just deciding to abandon his wolf teammates in the middle of the game and just become a villager. This decision is final.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you are doing what you think is right, and playing to win. Nothing wrong with that.

As for what I would have done if they had named ME Errand? I don't know. I just said I wouldn't act bad in hopes that no one would believe them when they did reveal (since it was more likley I was not-Errand than Errand). If I was sure I was Errand, I would do what you are doing.

just in case i didn't do it earlier somehow

lynch elevens
Old 06-22-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you guys are all watching to see if I change my vote at the last second huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

unless something happened during the day that i missed (havent read it all), you pretty much have to

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't confuse WDC and IY SAYING they wouldn't change votes if they were Errand with that being what they'd actually do. As someone who thought they were a villager I'd SAY that even if I were told I were Errand I wouldn't change my vote - purely to dissuade anyone else who happened to be Errand from changing. But if I became convinced I was Errand I'd vote with the badguys. Stating a course of action you'd take isn't necessary representative of what you'll actually do - sometimes it's said just for the effect it can potentially have on other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to lie. If I was Mdoran, I'd be torn.

mdoran,

yes, IF you are a bad guy u should vote with them; however, u most likely are a VILLAGER and thus it will be treason when your vote stands
Old 06-22-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless something happened during the day that i missed (havent read it all), you pretty much have to

[/ QUOTE ]

lol