Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]

As for strategy, a lot of people on these boards are soccer noobs. I think this thread needs more game analysis and strategy. I watched the game today, and my mom and dad agree with my comments. Again, why doesn't Rooney try some more juggling in the box, and why does Arsenal refuse to try the BIG FOOT play? Passing is all well and good, but when you move the ball up with a bunch of passes, the defense has a chance to get set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Arsenal should definately try the 'OH MY GOD NICE KICK' play because passing has only led to a league leading 24 goals and no losses.

I, for one, am interested in your ideas and would like to subscribe to you and your parents newsletter.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope your post is some serious leveling, but I'm not really sure

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not be sure, he spell BIG FOOT in caps. Candidate for pott imo. (pott = post of the thread).
Old 11-03-2007, 09:00 PM

Almunia, you are the weakest link, goodbye.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for strategy, a lot of people on these boards are soccer noobs. I think this thread needs more game analysis and strategy. I watched the game today, and my mom and dad agree with my comments. Again, why doesn't Rooney try some more juggling in the box, and why does Arsenal refuse to try the BIG FOOT play? Passing is all well and good, but when you move the ball up with a bunch of passes, the defense has a chance to get set.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't ever post here again.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is your wish, I will not post here ever again.

I thought this topic included strategy posts for the games we watch. I thought it would be fun to exchange ideas about the teams and how they might play better. I didn't realize this was just a fans of "x" team thread.

Believe me, I don't want to step on any toes. It just seems that there are a lot of "new" soccer fans involved with this thread, and I think it would be a good idea to let them know that there is more to the game than just the final score.

You tell me, why is it that all winning teams use the BIG FOOT play, but that Arsenal refuses to use it. In poker, there is a concept called "fancy play syndrome." If you are not familiar with it, it means that there is a more basic, effective play available, but a player, instead, tries to impress the table by making a sofisticated play that would make the rest of them understand that he is playing at many levels above them. Arsenal seems to be stuck in that mode and it costs them dearly. The other teams seems amused by all the passing while they can jog back and get ready for the play at hand.

As for Rooney, he seems to be TOO basic. He needs to break out of his robot-like play and do some juggling and fancy passing (give-and-go's and whatnot). Most of his goals come on lucky plays where he gets deflections in front of the net. If he was actually able to work with the ball, the rest of the team would be more confident to pass it to him in the box. At that point, he can do some juggling then pass OR shoot. Insted, Rooney always goes for the shot as soon as possible. Because of that, he is a poor finisher and he wastes a lot of potential chances.

Finally, what happened to Jens Layman. I tend to think he was demoted because of a drug problem. After letting in two soft goals, Winger announced that he was injured. I don't think so. I think Jens has a drug problem and they swept it under the rug.

Finally, why is Peter Chech allowed to wear headgear? Don't you think that would be an unfair advantage? For example, if they brought him up in the play (for like a corner kick) he would have more control on his headers. He wears a soft helmet and that would act like a cushion that would compress into a flat surface when striking the ball. He would be able to do all sorts of insane redirections.

More to the point, is there a FIFA regulation on headgear? What if a team decided to come out with hard-hats with flat-tops and square foreheads? They can hit wicked-controlled shots with their foreheads, OR blast a shot with the top of thier heads. If Chech can use a helmet, why can't anyone else? (If you think this is a joke, just remember Balderrama and his giant afro. He used to make all sorts of increadible headers because his hair acted like a "nest" to help gather and control the ball).
Old 11-04-2007, 04:04 PM

Trivia question: what club has taken points from Liverpool and Arsenal this season and will take a point or three from United next weekend?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trivia question: what club has taken points from Liverpool and Arsenal this season and will take a point or three from United next weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad Friedel's Blackburn Rovers. What do I win?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is your wish, I will not post here ever again.

I thought this topic included strategy posts for the games we watch. I thought it would be fun to exchange ideas about the teams and how they might play better. I didn't realize this was just a fans of "x" team thread.

Believe me, I don't want to step on any toes. It just seems that there are a lot of "new" soccer fans involved with this thread, and I think it would be a good idea to let them know that there is more to the game than just the final score.

You tell me, why is it that all winning teams use the BIG FOOT play, but that Arsenal refuses to use it. In poker, there is a concept called "fancy play syndrome." If you are not familiar with it, it means that there is a more basic, effective play available, but a player, instead, tries to impress the table by making a sofisticated play that would make the rest of them understand that he is playing at many levels above them. Arsenal seems to be stuck in that mode and it costs them dearly. The other teams seems amused by all the passing while they can jog back and get ready for the play at hand.

As for Rooney, he seems to be TOO basic. He needs to break out of his robot-like play and do some juggling and fancy passing (give-and-go's and whatnot). Most of his goals come on lucky plays where he gets deflections in front of the net. If he was actually able to work with the ball, the rest of the team would be more confident to pass it to him in the box. At that point, he can do some juggling then pass OR shoot. Insted, Rooney always goes for the shot as soon as possible. Because of that, he is a poor finisher and he wastes a lot of potential chances.

Finally, what happened to Jens Layman. I tend to think he was demoted because of a drug problem. After letting in two soft goals, Winger announced that he was injured. I don't think so. I think Jens has a drug problem and they swept it under the rug.

Finally, why is Peter Chech allowed to wear headgear? Don't you think that would be an unfair advantage? For example, if they brought him up in the play (for like a corner kick) he would have more control on his headers. He wears a soft helmet and that would act like a cushion that would compress into a flat surface when striking the ball. He would be able to do all sorts of insane redirections.

More to the point, is there a FIFA regulation on headgear? What if a team decided to come out with hard-hats with flat-tops and square foreheads? They can hit wicked-controlled shots with their foreheads, OR blast a shot with the top of thier heads. If Chech can use a helmet, why can't anyone else? (If you think this is a joke, just remember Balderrama and his giant afro. He used to make all sorts of increadible headers because his hair acted like a "nest" to help gather and control the ball).

[/ QUOTE ]

Please just stop. Anyone with a clue knows how ignorant your posts are.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Old 11-04-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please just stop. Anyone with a clue knows how ignorant your posts are.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact anyone with a clue realises it is a totaly obvious level.