Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: DONT YOU WISH YOU LIVED IN MD?
Bastard. 27 100.00%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Official September Thread: General Discussion, whining .. etc

hook2120 is a gigantic douchebag.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Online poker won't always be here though. I did finish school, and I enjoyed it a great deal, but @ the same time I'd have much rather just lived in a college town, still taken advantage of the parties and everything, but played full time instead of going to class. I also had to put in a TON of time playing basketball in college which took even more time away from poker. I think I threw away hundreds of thousands of dollars by finishing school and not putting in tons of hands on party and I would advise people to not make the same mistake. College is great, don't get me wrong, but I'd have rather had the extra few hundred grand....

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree with this. I'm 25, graduated from college 3 years ago and definitely would NOT trade my overall college experience for an extra few hundred grand in the bank today - and it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am getting all the good parts of the college experience without paying tuition or going to class. I don't have to miss out on any of the education either if I don't want to. If you feel like learning something there are more efficient, enjoyable, easy, etc, etc. ways to do it than to go to university. fwiw if someone told me they would pay me what I would make playing poker in a year and a half if I would go back to school and not play any poker, I wouldn't take it, and it wouldn't be a tough decision. school sucks.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yea, i got my Aeron too a few days ago. when u sit in it you don't really notice that much difference. it is after you have been sitting there for 6 hours and your back isn't hurting and you don't really notice anything at all that you realize it was worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much does one cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have an earlier post in the thread where I link to the chair I got I think it was $950
Old 09-11-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Online poker won't always be here though. I did finish school, and I enjoyed it a great deal, but @ the same time I'd have much rather just lived in a college town, still taken advantage of the parties and everything, but played full time instead of going to class. I also had to put in a TON of time playing basketball in college which took even more time away from poker. I think I threw away hundreds of thousands of dollars by finishing school and not putting in tons of hands on party and I would advise people to not make the same mistake. College is great, don't get me wrong, but I'd have rather had the extra few hundred grand....

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree with this. I'm 25, graduated from college 3 years ago and definitely would NOT trade my overall college experience for an extra few hundred grand in the bank today - and it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am getting all the good parts of the college experience without paying tuition or going to class. I don't have to miss out on any of the education either if I don't want to. If you feel like learning something there are more efficient, enjoyable, easy, etc, etc. ways to do it than to go to university. fwiw if someone told me they would pay me what I would make playing poker in a year and a half if I would go back to school and not play any poker, I wouldn't take it, and it wouldn't be a tough decision. school sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately how I feel as well. I just dont get how alot of you with real talent for poker cant justify putting a few things on hold for a while and really making as much as you can out of poker. Im one unit away from graduating and will be done next semester, been one unit awasy for almost 18mths. I guess alot of it boils down to cultural differences.

Having a gap in my resume is not a big deal here in Australia no-one is going to give a [censored]. Just seems like you all feel like its the end of the world.

W/e i honestly have never been happier, I love playing as a pro. If its not for you so be it but I weighed my options carefully and even if poker goes bust tomorrow I can move onto any number of other things, without any problems. Though wearing a suit and going to bed before 5.00am is gonna suck.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hook2120 is a gigantic douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was really funny when he was making friends with imsakidd at the tables one day. talking about how he's lurked 2p2 before and everyone on here is so stupid because he has one of the best winrates but we say he's bad.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 AM

wow some fish angle shooted me in flippaments .led me to tilt 7k away in blackjack [censored] gay
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A+ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

we had a moment today.

keep it secret. keep it close to heart.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel like learning something there are more efficient, enjoyable, easy, etc, etc. ways to do it than to go to university.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning something in the company of other smart and motivated peers and at the instruction of brilliant faculty is rather tried and true.

Note: This may not reflect the university experience of many of you.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:52 AM

CokeFiending if ur reading this stop sitting at my HU tables u [censored] nit. I don't feel like playing 1k hands just to grind 1 BI out of you. If u keep doing it I'm going to start searching for you on FTP everyday and sitting at all ur tables until your busto, even if it takes me a month.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 AM

"A worm is currently spreading which is specifically aimed at Skype users. Known as Ramex, Skipi or Pykspa, it abuses the chat function of Skype to send a short message containing a link to a seemingly benign JPEG file to other users. Users that click on the link will download and run a copy of the worm, and start to infect others."
Closed Thread