Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Re: My Statement

Here is another point. Lets suppose that Party allowed multiple entries into tournaments under the same account, yet forced you to sit out if you were placed at the same table. Chances are that this would have been discussed on these forums, and found to be -EV.

ZJ realized that sitting out with have made playing -EV, so he didnt.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get the F over youself. Tell me a time you had a friend or family member come to you about something quasi-legal and you ran straight to the authorities. Or are you 17 with no real life experiences yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what's cool about me. I don't like any of you [censored] and have no problem turning any of you in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. There is nothing cool about you.

And there are times where I would turn someone in.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Thread Summary and Attempted Redirection

[ QUOTE ]
I am 100% sure this scenerio occured.

ZJ is UTG. "Well, I guess I normally raise in this position."

ZJ, ON HIS SECOND [censored] ACCOUNT ON THE SAME TABLE,
"Well, I have KK, guess I normally reraise here. Nothing wrong with this. Just playing the way I normally would."

Anyone who doesnt think that many of ZJ's friends aren't doing the samething he is doing are out of their mind. These are a bunch of little bratty kids. The idea of their friend having a stronger edge then they do is probably way too much for them. I get to change my account name every six months. Why does ZJ get to have 6 accounts?

Shaniac: Ive never been in your exact position, but I have a hard time believing that I would be able to keep my mouth shut. I guess I would just take it too personal.

Comparing using drugs to stealing from other people is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF,

I was appraised of the multiplayering situation at the same time that everyone else in the online community was--when the El Capitano scandal broke some months ago.

That is when I realized that multiplayering goes on. Not sure why everyone else didn't then and is up-in-arms now, but that seems to be the case.

Then I heard about this program that allows you to open multiple party poker accounts was circulating. I assumed a LOT of people had it.

It sounded like an iffy proposition to me, but I heard several people argue that it was some vague level of cheating at best. I said to myself, "[censored] this kind of sucks. I don't want to have to start playing multiple accounts myself just to keep up." I installed the program that allows you to play multiple accounts on party, but never used it, instead thinking to myself "[censored] it, I plan on quitting online poker as soon as I win the WSOP ME, anyway, buy an island and live a long happy life smoking freebase (edit: with multiple wives!) and with no internet connection."

Also, ZeeJustin posted plain as day about his former activities on his blog--the rotating/anonymous-accounting thing--and no one batted an eyelash.

Bottom line to me: My personal relationship with people who multiplayered does not put me in a position of responsibility to regulate the practice.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Thread Summary and Attempted Redirection

[ QUOTE ]
-Dozens if not hundreds of never-will-bes have crawled out of the woodwork to express their jealousy-fueled happiness that ZJ 'got what he deserved', despite the fact that his actions never affected them in any way and the never-will-bes don't really understand the effects of ZJ's actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't make a lot of sense to levy hyperbolic mass criticism against people you don't know, in general, but to do so while attempting to sound like you're looking at anything in a balanced way yourself is more than a little oblivious.

Not to mention you've got a strong snob factor going there.

The rest of your post, where you were sticking to facts instead, was somewhat better.

[ QUOTE ]
I might as well note that ZeeJustin claims...and we have no reason to doubt... that the extra accounts didn't turn much of a profit, if any, in MTTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor do we have any reason to believe it. What we have is nothing but simple assertions. Which, to be fair, is all we could expect.

But is anyone truly surprised to see someone caught in the act issue a mea culpa? Isn't this in fact pretty standard? No, more than that -- utterly predictable?

That doesn't mean it can't be true. But an assertion from someone caught cheating that he didn't cheat, or at least didn't cheat too much, carries no credibility whatsoever. This does not give us any new "evidence" to chew over.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:49 AM

Default Re: a few things worth considering regarding ZeeJustin

All,

I just want to state this for the last time:

The moment ZJ sits at the same table with two accounts, he is colluding.

End of Story.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many people do you know that smoke pot or do any type of drugs. Doing that is actually against the law. How many of you are going to call the police and alert them to the fact that these people are doing drugs?

[/ QUOTE ]

come on man, you are way smarter than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Help me out. I'm not smart enough to see why this isn't a valid comparison. If it is wrong not to tattle when you know about cheating then by that standard aren't you obliged to snitch out everyone who violates the law? Can you imagine how lame your community would become if everyone decides to act like a policeman with no sense of scope?

raisins
Old 02-25-2006, 02:52 AM

Default Re: a few things worth considering regarding ZeeJustin

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I just want to state this for the last time:

The moment ZJ sits at the same table with two accounts, he is colluding.

End of Story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything to debate with that statement.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CSC,

I think you are off the mark this time. It is pretty clear to me that ZJ knew he was cheating, he just made his own set of rules up (perhaps consulting w/ his "crew") as far as what degree of cheating was OK for certain amounts of financial gain. A guy who's making up his own rules where some level of cheating (you know, not as much as the REAL cheaters, of course) is part of the equation has some severe problems when it comes to his fundamental moral compass.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never jaywalked? It's the same thing. You figure it doesn't hurt anyone, so you made your own rules up.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:53 AM

I'm sorry but I cant for the life of me figure out why these multi- account holders couldnt figure out a way to beat the system. It is so ovious to me but not worth it(I play the $11's and $6's). If I was playing for 10's of $1000 a day and didnt want to be caught there is a sure fire way of never getting caught(unless you told someone) and you could play at home.

I think they are cheaters and they are paying the price for it. But why in the world would you leave $100,000 sitting in an account on PP?? There are no buyins over $2000 and if you needed just deposit more.

TO EVERYONE WHO KEEPS BIG MONEY $30,000+ ON ANY OF THE ONLINE SITES MOVE IT TO NETELLER OR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. YOU ARE JUST ASKING FOR THEM TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AT WILL. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO SUE THEM???

I say GG Party Poker.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many people do you know that smoke pot or do any type of drugs. Doing that is actually against the law. How many of you are going to call the police and alert them to the fact that these people are doing drugs?

[/ QUOTE ]

come on man, you are way smarter than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Help me out. I'm not smart enough to see why this isn't a valid comparison. If it is wrong not to tattle when you know about cheating then by that standard aren't you obliged to snitch out everyone who violates the law? Can you imagine how lame your community would become if everyone decides to act like a policeman with no sense of scope?

raisins

[/ QUOTE ]

Raisins,

Drugs are very debatable. Some drugs which are illegal in the US, are legal in other places. Many people feel drugs are an individuals right to his own body.

Stealing personal property from another person is not the same as drugs.

You dont understand?
Closed Thread