Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: .

Seriously, I don't see it being hard to program a 20/15 TAG to win at like 3pt/100 at 2/4. I'm surprised more intelligent bots haven't been made for poker (perhaps they have, but are good enough to avoid detection). Just look at the research being done at U of Alberta for example. Modern AI is rapidly advancing. There are methods to use where AI can learn and adapt (e.g. neural networks). It just seems like its a matter of time till someone with the knowledge decides to get rich. Poker sites need to take this seriously. Full tilt generally sucks, and their handling of this situation shows.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
told that online poker was rigged (which is how I believe the average reporter would angle this story).

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you're right. a news story about this could be very detrimental.

kermit
Old 05-09-2007, 01:00 PM

yea... i mean if i had the programming skills im sure i could write a program to crush 100nl, and beat 200nl pretty well.. i do have my occasional random big bluff that i do in 3bet pots. I mean if you could get it to read a database of people's 3betting frequencies (rvg72 has made a hud in the software forum to do this), and if bot assumes villain will cbet a high % of the time as 2p2ers do, if the majroity of villain's 3betting range isn't helped by the flop c/r ai with XX...which obviosuly doesn't need to be a strong hand .. so bots are more than ready to fight back at light 3betters.

combined with stats with peopel's fold to cbet %, and research done on the Anantomy of the Continuation Bet (in this months 2p2 mag)..i think a bot could seriously crush ssnl games)

its embarassing to say but i pretty much play like a bot in that sense. even my bluffs are somewhat robotic and based on pt stats and my opponent's tendencies. however sometimes i go on mild tilt.

like today i gave a total fish ( the kind fish that stacks off with bottom pair, cdeez and Bhold were on my table they will confirm) for 100BB ...the kinda fish that calls a 50$ 3bet with j4o and stacks off with top pair when villain pushes etc etc. I just started raising to 50$ every time he limped just so i could flop middle pair and stack him. i ended up giving him a few buyins, luckily i was only down 100$ today coz my maniac image helped me get paid off on some big hands i eventually got later on.

so if im pretty much playing like a bot, but i tilt. imagine how good a bot could be that obiously doesn't tilt.

unstoppable id say.

Im 100% sure people have made sng bots, coz sngs are pretty much all icm problems and most 2p2ers are just icm robots in the end and play 20 tables at once.

i dont think it would be too hard to create a bot that would crush 200nl+.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:01 PM

4_2_it, I agree; the bot thing could be really bad.

I am sorry to hear about the downswings, guys. I am luckboxing my way through the best month of my life so far. Move up, run good, profit.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am sorry to hear about the downswings, guys. I am luckboxing my way through the best month of my life so far. Move up, run good, profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to up over $2,300 for he month so far.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 PM

OMG he said an F-word... [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 01:12 PM

LOL AT ISURA FOLDING AA IN HIS 100NL VIDEO AHAHAHA.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me to up over $2,300 for he month so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! Congrats
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It demonstrates the importance of having the most up-to-date pattern mapper [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah i had to rewind the video three times and watch it repeatedly...
great video though, isura, plz make more!
Closed Thread