Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: FINALLY!

WTF?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<u>HERO (SB): $101.50</u>
BB: $112.05
UTG: $96.50
CO: $131.70
<u>BTN: $121.95</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> HERO is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">HERO raises to $7.50</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $5.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($16) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">HERO bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $24.00</font>, HERO calls $12.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($64) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
HERO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $90.45</font>, HERO calls all-in for $70.00
Uncalled bet of $20.45 returned to BTN

<font color="black">River:</font> ($204) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $204.00 ($3 Rake)

BTN had 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Twos) and WON (+$99.50)
HERO had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Twos) and LOST (-$101.50)
Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 PM

imsakidd i have nothing against shortstackers/you. but im just curious as to why you bother to shortstack? There aren't many shortstackers on these forums, and the shortstackers on these forums must have huge reasons for wanting to shortstack and basically not make use of all this fullstacked poker information around.

Care to share what your reasons for shortstacking are?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:15 PM

I used to think that shortstacking would be cool because it's pretty low skill, so I could easily move up and shortstack the $25/50 games or something and make 1 PTBB/100 and roll in the dough.

The problem with that theory is there are too many situations where you do have to play poker.

The best situation for a shortstacker is when a LAG opens, you shove anything that's mathematically good to shove. You can't possibly be outplayed there and you have a huge edge if they're opening a lot of hands.

The worst situation is when you just open raise and someone calls you in position. Now you have to play poker postflop and those guys are way better than me. A similar situation happens when they limp preflop and you're in the BB.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Imsa, what did you expect? 2p2ers hate people who shortstack, and your PS name is also your 2p2 name. If I were you and shortstacked I would do it under another name. Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have access to another account, and I have a lot of accumulated VPPs (supernova), that would be massively -EV to pass up.

Im not trying to hide the fact I SS, just asking for people to stop acting like I ate their first born child or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether they're being reasonable or not, I don't think it matters. Nobody is going to change, at least the majority won't. It is the internet, after all. If you truly care about not being despised by the 2p2 community then you should either mask your identity or stop shortstacking altogether. There's a reason why hardly any shortstackers post on 2p2 with any regularity (known shortstackers I should add).
Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 PM

HYACHACHACHACHA FTP IS RIGGED.

i can't stack anyone because whenever i have a big hand, everyone folds. it's like clockwork. whenever i have tptk or an overpair, though, some moron has a straight, two pair, etc.

OH, and when i manage to get it in ahead every once in a while, villains hit every single time:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $127.35
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $201.75</font>
UTG: $116.60
<font color="black">MP: $228.15</font>
CO: $103.20
BTN: $199.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, <font color="red">MP raises to $9.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $8.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $75.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $201.75</font>, MP calls $126.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($414.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($414.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($414.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $414.50 ($3 Rake)

MP had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Tens) and WON (+$209.75)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$201.75)

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $182.55
BB: $107.00
UTG: $215.40
<font color="black">CO: $197.00</font>
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $251.05</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $17.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($51) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $33.65</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $173.00</font>, Hero calls $139.35

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($397) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($397) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $397.00 ($3 Rake)

CO had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Aces) and WON (+$197.00)
Hero had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Sevens and Sixes) and LOST (-$197.00)

as soon as this guy (insta)called my flop bet, i knew he had overcards and was going to hit. when i saw the turn, i actually put my head down and cried a little:

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $210.95</font>
BB: $222.90
UTG: $461.90
MP: $103.00
<font color="black">CO: $50.90</font>
BTN: $207.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $26.00</font>, BB folds, CO calls $19.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($54) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $25.00</font>, CO calls all-in for $24.90
Uncalled bet of $0.10 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($103.80) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($103.80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $103.80 ($3 Rake)

CO had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Twos) and WON (+$49.90)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Tens and Twos) and LOST (-$50.90)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH someone make it stop!

edit: w$sd was 38%. why even play?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:05 PM

Brag: I was up 4 buy-ins after 22 hands today.
Beat: My internet was lagging really bad so I had to quit
Old 05-20-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was up 4 buy-ins after 22 hands today.

[/ QUOTE ]

HYACHACHACHACHACHACHACHACHACHACHACHACHA
Old 05-20-2007, 08:07 PM

tannenj- I think your 3-bet with 67o is bad...explain though because I'm turning into a nit [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sorry about the run, it'll end soon.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 PM

just a move i'll make once in a while against aggressive tags like this villain who like to blind steal.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to think that shortstacking would be cool because it's pretty low skill, so I could easily move up and shortstack the $25/50 games or something and make 1 PTBB/100 and roll in the dough.

The problem with that theory is there are too many situations where you do have to play poker.

The best situation for a shortstacker is when a LAG opens, you shove anything that's mathematically good to shove. You can't possibly be outplayed there and you have a huge edge if they're opening a lot of hands.

The worst situation is when you just open raise and someone calls you in position. Now you have to play poker postflop and those guys are way better than me. A similar situation happens when they limp preflop and you're in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true if you have 50BBs, but not if you have 25. With 25 you basically raise preflop, then push any flop. The only way to "exploit" that is for the caller to be calling preflop with a range that's ahead of your (presumably) insanely tight opening range.

The real reason short-stacking is so exploitable is because the games are so aggro. If every other hand has somebody 3-betting to 15BBs with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], then OF COURSE it is insanely profitable to shortstack.

The haters are just pissed off about it because, as has been discussed tons of times, it is pretty much impossible to prevent the short-stacker from exploiting your play without playing sub-optimally against the deep-stacks (i.e., you could tighten up, and then the short-stack cannot exploit you. But if you do that, you miss a lot of +EV situations vs. other deep stacks).

So basically, since they can't do anything about the short-stackers (poker-wise), they do the next best thing: they hate on them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, there are plenty of idiots with short-stacks that think 24/14 is a good style with 30-40BBs, and those guys are ATMs, so as long as they exist, I think short-stackers are fine.
Closed Thread