Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

[ QUOTE ]
2pr vs overpair=75/25

[/ QUOTE ]

May I quote that. its not two outs, but 5 on turn and 8 on river duh!

please at least whine about bad beats [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

*EDIT, today my aces got cracked on river when I stacked-a-donk on turn and he call overpot bet for a 14 outer (he hit a pair on turn and had flush draw, no paired board = 14 outs)

why did I edit that post???
Old 08-26-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2pr vs overpair=75/25

[/ QUOTE ]

*EDIT, today my aces got cracked on river when I stacked-a-donk on turn and he call overpot bet for a 14 outer (he hit a pair on turn and had flush draw, no paired board = 14 outs)

[/ QUOTE ]yea but he hit a 2 outer so it was a two outer obv [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2pr vs overpair=75/25

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yea but he hit a 2 outer so it was a two outer obv [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously, its easier to absorb the suckout, because, had he hit bottom pair on turn, that would have been a tilt-enhancer hand!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 AM

Im running real bad, I'm probably about to hit a heater
Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im running real bad, I'm probably about to hit a heater

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this works, cause if this is the case I'm due a massive one!!

Down 10 buyins total from my high at 25nl in the last week....and I ran so hot with the start of my comeback. Still rolled to play 25nl, but I think that I will drop down and try and regain my confidence.

I'm taking a week off from Poker and going to look over PokerTracker because while some of them were coolers/suckouts, a large portion was just me quite simply playing really bad poker in spots.

So I am going to drop down to 10nl for about 10k hands and see if I can work out some kinks.

If you are interested, I wouldn't mind doing a little session review/sweat with you losingdonkey, maybe a different perspective would be good for both of us.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 AM

Epassporte tells me that if I make a deposit today the funds will be available on September 5th.

Thats the same thing that happened the first time I used it. It took 5 business days to be available.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:02 AM

NL50 is hard...

Hand of the day:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $52.10
BB: $48.45
UTG: $65.30
MP: $50.00
Hero (CO): $70.80
BTN: $102.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2.50, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($9.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $17.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $67.80</font>, BTN calls $62.80, BB calls all-in for $27.95

Turn: ($190.30) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($190.30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $190.30 ($3 Rake)

BB had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Ace high) and WON (+$22.85)
BTN had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Sixes) and LOST (-$70.80)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Ace high) and WON (+$45.20)
Old 08-27-2007, 01:53 AM

at least you weren't getting freerolled by AhQh.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Glad to see that its catching on (though I am not sure if Gelford is proud or shocked)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe ... I'm not shocked, as long you are aware that what you are doing is not particulary good poker, but you are getting away with it because villians in generel have no clue what they are doing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

At some point you'll start to struggle, but whether that will happend at 50NL or 400NL depends on how well you table select and your postflop skill etc, so all in all as long as you're not bored and don't lose sight of the fact that you're just feeding of mediocre villians, have fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood, this makes perfect sense. Regardless of how this all winds up, I was definitely being overly agressive with my cbets at 10NL, and I see that now based upon how, even at tables where I am not hitting cards my stack is not dwindling due to cbetting air and either losing at SD or folding because some guy didn't want to let go of his middle pair.

That being said, here is a head scratcher that I ran into last night. Villain is a terrible 56/13/1.2 fish over about 300 hands...

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $22.05
BB: $16.02
UTG: $3.46
CO: $1.60
BTN: $4.82

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, BB calls $0.35
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Flop: ($0.90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.60</font>, Hero ???

I really agonized over this one. I think it needs to be a fold though - is this the UBERNIT way or is it too weak-tight?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 AM

Call and let him hang himself.
Closed Thread