Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Ray Lewis vs. Mike Tyson (In a fight)

[ QUOTE ]

All this taking it to the ground stuff is utter bull. A skilled fighter will never put himself in the position for this to happen. He will use his opponents weight and movement to move around his opponent and then use his weight and movement against him.
Now here I'm talking about a skilled fighter. Tyson was a world champion and has been doing this all his life. This is all he knows. You lot cannot be serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyson's never had to deal with a takedown effort in the ring, he's never trained to deal with someone choking him or being put in a submission hold. I don't know about Ray Lewis, but any top MMA fighter will have Mike on the ground within 30 seconds, and Mike will be either unconscious or submitting 15 seconds later. I supect Ray could put Mike to the ground without great effort.

Boxing has little relation to street fights. Usually, the only time you are standing face to face in a street fight is at the beginning. Unless one guy lands a quick knockout punch, both parties will be soon be on the ground where the real fight takes place.

One of the guys on my college wrestling team (a national champ) could render anyone unconsious in under ten seconds. Of course it was an illegal hold. Even five seconds of having his caratoid artery blocked will make Mike too woozy to defend himself.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 PM

But Tyson DOES have experience in street fights. He was a street thug before his boxing days, or at least thats according to some documentaries I've seen.

Lewis is a shoe in if he can outlast Tyson to the point where he just stands still and blinks for 5 seconds.

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. If you tackle correctly, it really doesn't make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought it was funny he implied that there isn't mechanics and timing involved with making Ray Lewis one of the best tacklers on the planet. The man is explosive, athletic, strong/powerful and has impeccable mechanics when it comes to tackling...if he listens to Blarg the corner man he could get Tyson down.

Haha, the helmet comment still tickles me.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:26 PM

IMO tacking on a football field does not equal tackling in a street fight
Old 04-21-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tyson would kill him. A massively successful pro-boxer vs someone totally untrained in fighting? Even in a no-rules fight, that's a huge advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...let's imagine how the fight starts. I think that is a VERY IMPORTANT aspect. If the fighters were forced to start in a "locked" position, such as the "test of strength" postion, I think Lewis has a chance.

However, if they start in opposite corners, I think Tyson wins and wins pretty fast.

This is how it goes down...Lewis gets in his crouch, and slowly approaches Tyson...then, when he's about 5 feet away, he goes full-force into Tyson in an effort to tackled him. At this point Tyson simply uppercuts Lewis' face with his viscious right hand and busts his nose immediately. Lewis staggers backward, in a daze the likes he has never felt. Tyson then charges and hits him across the right cheek with a sick left hook. Lewis down, then you can imagine the rest...

It's all about HOW THE FIGHT BEGINS. LIke I said, if they begin in some sort of "locked" position, it's much more interesting.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 PM

DD,

Of course it doesn't, nobody implied that it does. I could also say that Boxing in a Boxing ring does not equal Boxing in a street fight.

EDIT: The abilities still aren't taken away even though the venue is.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO tacking on a football field does not equal tackling in a street fight

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, its probably much easier for a football player to tackle a boxer than to tackle another professional calber football player.

I dont understand why everyone automatically thinks if these two hit the ground Lewis wins in a landslide.

Standing up, Lewis has zero chance.

On the ground, it's anybody's game.

Why would anyone pick Lewis if this is the case?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 PM

prohorn,

This happens only if Ray Lewis is a complete moron and judging from what we know of him from football, he is a fairly intelligent person...maybe not a great person, but a person with the ability to reason and to think. Why on earth would he just lunge at him from 5 feet away and let himself take an uppercut? Man, that would be a quick fight.