Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Why is There Flags All Over My Yard

If you've gone to all the trouble to pull up the flags and screw up the construction anyway you owe it to yourself to set them up in similar fashion, tonight, in the neighbor's lawn. Or any lawn where the street spray paint could feasibly apply.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:56 PM

you should find out who did it and then go to their house and spray-paint weird hyroglyphics everywhere and set up the flags in the same surreal croquet/mini-golf course fashion.

LDO!!!!

Would be extra groovy if this person came home to find you actually playing croquet on said surreal course.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ended up making a monstrous profit on it thanks to it being destroyed in the storm.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I don't feel all warm and fuzzy inside for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, contractors should definitely be allowed to demolish the wrong buildings without paying restitution.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No I'm not but there were about 30 flags in my front yard and it looked horrendous. They weren't going to be there all weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how your yard will look after the police and EMS run all over it trying to save the life of some poor worker who "accidently" digs into an high power electric line.

[/ QUOTE ]

These flags were placed for a reason. You are still an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The people on this forum that think a cable company, electric company or whoever would dig up a yard without everything marked are idiots. And like all the spray paint in the yard isn't a giveaway on where [censored] is located. I pulled up the flags because it made my house look like [censored].

This is not what is going to happen;

Dudes digging up my yard; Hey this yard isn't marked to indicate where all the underground utilities are located. Ah screw it. Lets take our chances and dig anyway.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ended up making a monstrous profit on it thanks to it being destroyed in the storm.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I don't feel all warm and fuzzy inside for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, contractors should definitely be allowed to demolish the wrong buildings without paying restitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more about the guy making a killing on the property because of Katrina, which caused a lot of people to lose everything they owned.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was more about the guy making a killing on the property because of Katrina, which caused a lot of people to lose everything they owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost everything I owned too.

But, I was properly insured, and fortunate enough to have property that was attractive enough for a developer to purchase after the storm.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Red,

I'm glad you came out of it well, but losing everything you owned is not the correct way to phrase it when you were properly insured. There were a lot of people who weren't.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you came out of it well, but losing everything you owned is not the correct way to phrase it when you were properly insured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I had a whole house full of stuff, and then 8 hours later, my whole house full of stuff was somewhere in the Gulf, and I no longer had my stuff.

I was properly insured, but that doesn't change that I lost everything I owned....especially those things you just can't properly insure or replace...ie, collectibles, photos, and other 'precious memories'.

[ QUOTE ]

There were a lot of people who weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's their own damn fault.

Christ....a few people in my neighborhood failed to buy insurance, and we lived on the water. I just can't feel sorry for the folks who lived next to the Gulf, or even worse, next to a levee 9-feet below sea level....and then they chose not to buy insurance, thinking "they didn't need it".

And in may not be in the news much outside of the affected areas, but many of these folks are getting federal grants of up to $150k to cover their losses if they didn't have insurance....so if you think someone who is properly insured didn't "lose everything" because they got the monetary value back...then I suppose nobody lost anything.

BTW...they're using your tax money in giving folks $150k for failing to spend their own money on proper insurance.

And the people who had proper insurance don't get a dime of it.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:10 PM

Bump for re-[censored].
Old 10-08-2007, 03:17 PM

RedBean,

I enjoyed all your posts in this thread BUT WHERE IS THE BARRY BONDS CONTENT?!?!?!