Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: ***Official HU Forum LC Life Thread***

I bet under 5% of 2p2 has made over 50k career earnings from poker, taking only winning players its still probably under 20%.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet under 5% of 2p2 has made over 50k career earnings from poker, taking only winning players its still probably under 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, all of you will make lots of money at this game if you stick with it. my advantage is that im 31 yrs old and i know the value of $. i also dont get worked up when i win a few grand because i know its not worth much in the real world. Maturity is everything as far as consistency goes.

Now, I really don't like to brag BUT I will be in next month's edition of Madison's "Who's Who" which is a magazine about young professionals that were educated in Wisconsin and became ballers in real life. Stay tuned.

And Primo, STOP USING MY REAL NAME. I DONT WANT THESE [censored] ROLLIN UP TO MY CRIB TO LAY A HIT ON MY ASS FOR TALKING TRASH ON THE FORUMS!!!!!!

INDY
Old 10-01-2007, 12:05 PM

On a side note, if i have to watch just one more 49ers or Raiders game on Sunday I'll slit my mother [censored] wrist! How does a guy get the colts games on the west side?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also dont get worked up when i win a few grand

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, yes you do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Ok, I think I am going to try to be overly nice and talkative with the people I play HU, that way they won't hit and run me and will just play until busto, or make sure that they continue to play me in the future because they recognize me.

thoughts?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i also dont get worked up when i win a few grand

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, yes you do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

no i don't. i do get mad, however, when i lose 3K, but winning it is no biggie.

Indy
Old 10-01-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I think I am going to try to be overly nice and talkative with the people I play HU, that way they won't hit and run me and will just play until busto, or make sure that they continue to play me in the future because they recognize me.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ive generally found you cannot do anything to ppl who want to hit and run you, its their plan going in however if you manage to make it seem personal to them in some way they will never leave. This can be accomplished by doing cute things like saying 'nh' when they lose a big pot or typing 'lol poor people' if they buyin short.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:27 PM

rofl, that was an old life for you dude, your STTF days of chaos are over ;p, your like an angel here, even from back in the day of breakin up cwar and cROUNDER's grudge matches and not instigating crazy stuff, it's been a 180 for you ;p. Post of the year... yet most hated poster ;p.

Anyways, maybe that should be our goal, hit like 20% of our active members having 50k in profits, far fetched, but I guess our HOPE should be that we are all on the rise in one way or another ;p
Old 10-01-2007, 12:30 PM

ROFL @ lol poor people, I think there needs to be a new thread on HU Cash "pick up lines" to stop hitnrunners... but I dont have any... I hate cash [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] bleh =/
Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rofl, that was an old life for you dude, your STTF days of chaos are over ;p, your like an angel here, even from back in the day of breakin up cwar and cROUNDER's grudge matches and not instigating crazy stuff, it's been a 180 for you ;p. Post of the year... yet most hated poster ;p.

Anyways, maybe that should be our goal, hit like 20% of our active members having 50k in profits, far fetched, but I guess our HOPE should be that we are all on the rise in one way or another ;p

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I used to trash talk on STTF which was wrong. I've grown up in the poker world and now I'm interested in building relationships with smart poker players. I regret the time I wasted on 2+2 in my first 2 yrs here, but I must admit that most of the guys on STTF and OOT would have been -EV to be friends with anyway.

My goal over the next 4 years is to double what I've made over the past 4, namely, to pull down 50K/yr instead of 25K/yr playing part time. Wish me luck.

Indy