Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Timex\'s Well

[ QUOTE ]
- Would you ever consider staking a non-full time somewhat low volume MTTer? Why or why not?

If MLG wanted staking, I'd stake him, in general, not too often, just because its tough to turn a profit a large % of the time over the short run.

- In 50 words or less, instruct on the best way to invest $200K that you just won in the Stars Million.

Back decent players in more Stars Millions, play the WCOOP, and all the majors that are good.

- Could anyone be great at this game?
Obviously not anyone, but I think most people could become quite good.

- Am I overrated, underrated, or not even rated?

I'd say not even rated since I see you play so little, I've never really heard anyone talk about how bad you are or how sick you are, so I think not even rated is the best answer.

- Have we ever once been at the same friggin' table in an MTT?

Mayyyyybe once, not sure.

- Gigabet's 'Almost There With Success and Failure'... philosphical genius or literary farse?

That was probably before my time, but given what I know about Giga, I'll say false.

- Largest amount of money you've ever walked around with on you?

All this week I've had a bank draft for 45k GBP's which is more or less cashable by anyone but will leave an obvious money trail. Hmm, I guess like 25-30k or so, at my dads company, lots of people buy cars in the US since some models are like 20% cheaper there, so he buys and sells US dollars at par to prevent me from having to pay the like 3% vig or w.e for changing to Canadian.

- Who's better at poker, me or Yuv? How about Bondgirl or Yuv? My mom or Yuv?

Yuv, Bondgirl, your mom

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM

Are you sure there are no taxes on your winnings in Canada? Because I've read that Canada taxes "professional" gamblers, defined as those who derive more than 50% of their income from gambling.

What are the best strat/psych threads/posts on 2+2 and other internets that you keep as bookmarks or in your collection or whatever for rereading once in a while?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

are you gonna just transfer all the money u have in ur poker accounts to the new ones? basically how are you going about setting up the new accounts
Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure there are no taxes on your winnings in Canada? Because I've read that Canada taxes "professional" gamblers, defined as those who derive more than 50% of their income from gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gambling

1. An activity characterised by a balance between winning and losing that is governed by a mixture of skill and chance.

Losing and chance dont apply to what timex does.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM

triscuits or wheat thins?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you gonna just transfer all the money u have in ur poker accounts to the new ones? basically how are you going about setting up the new accounts

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the reasoning behind creating new accounts when you turn 18? It's possible to just change your date of birth right?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:29 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Really interesting read Timex. Happy Birthday and best of luck in your live tournaments.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:30 PM

thanks for all the love. i think you're a pretty unique individual. what do you think it is about you and your upbringing that you think has allowed you to handle all this wealth so maturely?

Obviously you have a pretty amazing bussiness sense. Did poker give you an outlet to excercise some pre-existing business skills, or did your skills develop as a result of needing to manage your money?

What is it about my game that you respect so much?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 PM

howd you come out for WSOP? Any players you decided not to stake who then had a huge score soon after?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:57 PM

It seems pretty common for extremely young and succesfull poker players to generate a lot of animosity and jealousy on poker forums. In your case, everyone seemingly holds you in very high regard. Besides being a very nice guy, what do you think sets you apart from your peers in terms of the respect most people on the internet have for you?