Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: I hate Mcdonalds.

[ QUOTE ]
they have awesome iced coffee though, and their fruit and yogurt parfaits are quite delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]
When did you catch teh ghey?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McDonald's makes money by McRaping your pockets

[/ QUOTE ]

what a joke. they charge X. if you're willing to pay X, pay it, if not don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the people bitching about this have absolutely any idea what Capitalism (I know, its a pretty big word) or supply and demand mean?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:05 PM

I only posted it cause it was pretty much what the OP was talking about. Not because zomg never eat at mcdonalds and the overdogs will crumble!11`

Infact if you read til the end, the 3rd write up pretty much puts forth your sentiments daryn. Although that guy's still douchey about it.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McDonald's makes money by McRaping your pockets

[/ QUOTE ]

in high school one of my good friends used to keep slices of cheese in his locker. he'd bring them to lunch and put them on his mcdonald's burger so he didnt ahve to pay the extra dime.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I went yesterday morning I got 8 $1.00 sausage, egg and cheese mcmuffins. Gonna eat the last 2 for supper tonight. I just moved to Vegas and it was literally the last 8 dollars I have. I'll be getting a check from a terrible job I worked for 2 days which should be about a hundo. Gonna be eating a lot of those 1$ sandwiches to live it up before I switch to ramen, and then nothing. Why can't I find a job? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.. how do people live like this? i'm not trying to brag but wow. 8 dollars to your name?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took all of my bankroll out to take a vacation and pay some bills and never had enough to start up again, and I moved to Vegas with no money in savings or anything like that. Been here about a month and a half and can't get a job. No income + no savings = poor. I've interviewed with like 20 places, but I guess I'm awful at interviews or something, no jobs. My landlord is letting me not pay rent so that's just building up, haven't paid any other bills in a month or so. 700$ student loan payments start this month, good thing I graduated form college, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, it's pretty damn easy to defer student loan payments if you tell them about your hardships. They are probably the most forgiving loan you can get.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:13 PM

OMG jesus please don't let that be my story when I graduate!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:25 PM

i worked at mcdonalds this summer. I dunno why ppl eat there. However, Marcus Trufant, cornerback for the Seattle Seahawks, was a frequent customer. So McDonalds must have something going for it.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM

rjoe,

Wow man, I really liked the cut of your jib in that one "stranded in Utah" thread, but WTF with your job search? You must be goofy looking or have some other massive defect if you haven't gotten a job yet. I mean seriously, in Vegas I'm pretty sure all you need is a pulse to get several job offers. You not only have a pulse, you have a college degree. Maybe you're applying to positions that you're not qualified for. And maybe you should start practicing how to say "thank you drive thru" and "would you like anything to drink with that?".
Old 09-10-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rjoe,

Wow man, I really liked the cut of your jib in that one "stranded in Utah" thread, but WTF with your job search? You must be goofy looking or have some other massive defect if you haven't gotten a job yet. I mean seriously, in Vegas I'm pretty sure all you need is a pulse to get several job offers. You not only have a pulse, you have a college degree. Maybe you're applying to positions that you're not qualified for. And maybe you should start practicing how to say "thank you drive thru" and "would you like anything to drink with that?".

[/ QUOTE ]
Its possible. I went on 30 job interviews before I got my first full-time job. I was an engineer with a Bachelors from a good school for most of those interviews. After a while I went back for my Masters and I went on 5 more interviews before I got an offer.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:57 PM

rjoe,

I guess this means pit games 4 times a week didn't work out for you as a Vegas plan?