Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

Ive never talked about this before.

When i was 19 i gave very serious consideration to ending my life - i had researched the best ways, i had my plans set out and if i had woke up in a different mood one of those days i wouldnt be here now - i dont really want to go into details but i never saw my friends, many times i struggled to pay bills and i was circling the drain many times.

Eventually i decided as crap as life was i could turn it around - i made several excuses and moved back with my parents and over the last 4 years ive been working at improving my life, ive cleared my debts, im improving at poker which is my passion and pays the bills and im working on some business ideas.

My point is, life can seem as crappy and worthless as you can get, and there is ALWAYS a way to turn it around. I dont know you Lurker, and i dunno what your problems are, but there are people who care for you im sure and whatever your going through it is not worth killing yourself over.

Like others have said, ending your life is a permanent decision. Anything i or anyone else says here wont suddently make you think "wow, they are so correct, life is right", but just take more time before you commit suicide. Tomorrow is another day, next month is another month and next year is another year.

Find someone to sit down and talk everything through. Why are you thinking this, what went wrong, what options there are outside of ending your life. Do not rush into this - as much as you may think youve thought it through, you really havent.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this might b a stupid/insensitive question but why do you people not want him to do this? his life is complete shambles if he's thinking seriously about suicide and if this is his way out then so be it. i don't hope that he does it or hope that he doesn't do it.. i just hope he makes whatever decision is best for him.

also, i think the ppl who said he shouldn't do it because his parents would be hurt are missing the point.

p.s. if this is a level..

[/ QUOTE ]

unless he killed someone or robbed a bank, there's no way this is true for a 19 year old. if you are old and you want out hemingway style, go ahead - if you just lost all your money in the stock market, go ahead. but just being depressed is no excuse. life has its ups and downs and the mind has a way of tricking a person into thinking things can't possibly get better.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this might b a stupid/insensitive question but why do you people not want him to do this? his life is complete shambles if he's thinking seriously about suicide and if this is his way out then so be it. i don't hope that he does it or hope that he doesn't do it.. i just hope he makes whatever decision is best for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually my stance on the subject, it's just that in the vast majority of cases it's the best for the person. It's called erring on the side of caution.

[/ QUOTE ]
i hope this is not out of line but ive thought somewhat about this as well. since we're humans, we're biased to believe that suicidal thoughts are sick and insane. maybe if we were another more advanced species we would care less about a human taking it's life, much like we feel about animals that are "below us"

i just very much doubt that killing himself could ever really be his best option.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And stop listening to all these squares

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
re: goofyballer

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
i was actually considering calling the police..as crazy as that sounds

[/ QUOTE ]

That def isn't crazy right now.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i need to have faith in things getting better though..i do think that things will get better for me when i'm out of school and not dealing with girls who know me and already have negative opinions of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was def part of it for me. I was a huge nerd in HS (well, I still am) and I think the biggest change between then and now was that I hated who I was, and felt trapped in my life (which is what your post reminded me of), whereas since then I've figured out who I am and have become pretty happy with being goofyballer. I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world. Except maybe CAterp.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:59 AM

Lurker, I have gotten to know u through these forums and u are a pretty cool guy, we share the same music interests, and basically have no beef whatsoever. Im 23 and when I was 18 a lot of bad [censored] went down in my life. Without going into too much detail I am in a depression to this day. I am on happy pills and I also mess with illegal drugs, as u grow older u may realize that [censored] sucks and life isnt fair. Drugs are not the right route, but any route is better than suicide. U need to just keep learning and always looking at every decision u make from every angle possible. Killing yourself may be the easy way out, but im sure that there are lots of people around u in real life that would not like to see u die.

Dont quit life man,

Ryan
Old 08-31-2007, 04:05 AM

if you're suicidal it's possibly just b/c of a chemical imbalance in your head, which isn't really that big of a deal. They have medicine to help you to make your head better. I'd recommend trying going on drugs and talking to a psychiatrist. If it doesn't work in 6 months, you can kill yourself then. Why not give it 6 more months? Pretty much all decisions you make can be reversed or fixed or made better....except suicide.

Oh yeah, I was pretty suicidal when I was like 15 because I thought my life sucked. I wasn't super close to ending it, but I contemplated suicide a bunch. Looking back on it, it seems really pathetic now. It's likely just a phase. You have only lived 25% of your life, are you really 100% positive that the last 75% will be awful?

Also, if you work out at a gym or shooting hoops or jogging whatever for like 30 minutes a day, you can feel better. If something as simple as that has been proven to increase happiness, it seems pretty obvious that most people that are suicidal just need a little help getting their [censored] back in order.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also, i think the ppl who said he shouldn't do it because his parents would be hurt are missing the point.

p.s. if this is a level..

[/ QUOTE ]

unless he killed someone or robbed a bank, there's no way this is true for a 19 year old. if you are old and you want out hemingway style, go ahead - if you just lost all your money in the stock market, go ahead. but just being depressed is no excuse. life has its ups and downs and the mind has a way of tricking a person into thinking things can't possibly get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think being depressed is a better reason to kill urself than losing ur money in the stock market..
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And stop listening to all these squares

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
re: goofyballer

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You weren't who I had in mind.

I think a better way of saying it would be, rather than squares, narrow minded people. Many are wary of psychiatric medicine because they think they'll be labeled crazy or some other nonsense.

I personally believe that anybody who hasn't went a little crazy at one point or another is boring and hasn't really lived life.

It's just another way of saying there is much more than what he is used to.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:09 AM

I talk to a psychiatrist weekly, and im on welbutrin. It helps, and it made me realize that I can do things in life.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually my stance on the subject, it's just that in the vast majority of cases it's the best for the person. It's called erring on the side of caution.

[/ QUOTE ]
i hope this is not out of line but ive thought somewhat about this as well. since we're humans, we're biased to believe that suicidal thoughts are sick and insane. maybe if we were another more advanced species we would care less about a human taking it's life, much like we feel about animals that are "below us"

i just very much doubt that killing himself could ever really be his best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we already have those feelings. i could walk past a dead, homeless person on the street and not really feel bad about their death. and ppl kill themselves every day and i don't blink an eye at that. u get used to it.