Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: fun times with POS ratholers

yea i know, i dont hate curtains at all. i remember thinking a lot of his posts in the sng forum back in the day were really good. hes way smarter than i am for sure.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea i know, i dont hate curtains at all. i remember thinking a lot of his posts in the sng forum back in the day were really good. hes way smarter than i am for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Although everything he said about not caring and he lols about the [censored] people talk to him just came off bitter and dishonest.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:33 PM

Pool all the information together that you want- 99%+ of players online aren't good enough at poker to beat any of the better short stackers. The reason I SS is simply because the variance is lower and I can play a few more tables, and it's more fun.

BTW a lot of the arguments in this thread are idiotic. The only reason shortstacking is 'ruining' the games for you is that 1) it cuts into your bottom line, apparently and 2) you aren't good enough to adjust to the nuances SSing creates.

Also, if the majority of shortstackers are terrible, then why are you even complaining?
Old 09-03-2007, 05:35 PM

DCJ, I think when you rathole HU tables that is one of the most classless things you can ever do in online poker.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) you aren't good enough to adjust to the nuances SSing creates.

[/ QUOTE ] I am honestly so [censored] fed up hearing this, and not surprisingly, it's something that ONLY the shortstackers say, repeating it all the time to MOVE AWAY THE FOCUS FROM THE VERY OBVIOUS AND UNAVOIDABLE EXPLOIT THAT PLAYING A SMALLER STACK AMONGST BIGGER STACKS IS.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:00 PM

MDMA I would look into anger management.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it takes a lot of skill to maneuver the nuances of shortstacking.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:13 PM

I don't get the "ruining the game" argument.
Is the other player suddenly responsible for making your online poker experience fun and profitable?
What about fish who think that LAGs raising a lot preflop "ruins the game"?
What about TAGs who think getting 3bet constantly "ruins the game"?

When I play, I want to give myself an edge any way I can within the rules. That edge can come from playing tighter and more aggressively than my opponents, it can come from exploiting their tendencies, or it can even come from playing a stacksize that they adjust to improperly. All of those are legal, and are part of the game.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DCJ, I think when you rathole HU tables that is one of the most classless things you can ever do in online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your opinion of my class when I lose 5 straight buyins to the same person and they sit out? I couldn't care less when it happens. Your argument is emotionally based, empty rhetoric.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:21 PM

One last post from me on this fkin shortstacking debacle since it's just growing really annoying now that people just refuse to understand the math. YOU CANNOT ADJUST TO BOTH FULLSTACKS AND SHORTSTACKS AT THE SAME TIME; YOU CAN ONLY DECIDE WHICH YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOSE TO, THERE IS NO POSSIBLE RANGE THAT WORKS AGAINST BOTH, SO STOP SAYING PEOPLE JUST SUCK AT ADJUSTING WHEN IT IS IN FACT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SO.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your opinion of my class when I lose 5 straight buyins to the same person and they sit out? I couldn't care less when it happens. Your argument is emotionally based, empty rhetoric.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that's right. because other people do bad things, i am allowed to do them too.

speaking of empty rhetoric...

and of course mdma is 10000% right