Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Vick Pleads Guilty

I just hope Vick has to admit to everything. Not like one of those no contest deals.

For those saying Vick will easily get on another NFL team might be wrong. At first that's what I thought. Then I read John Clayton's article and he said it would be very difficult because of the backlash of all the neg publicity that team would receive.

He went on saying Vick should hire someone for damage control. He said he should go into arena football for a couple years whil he gets his image rebuilt.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just hope Vick has to admit to everything. Not like one of those no contest deals.

For those saying Vick will easily get on another NFL team might be wrong. At first that's what I thought. Then I read John Clayton's article and he said it would be very difficult because of the backlash of all the neg publicity that team would receive.

He went on saying Vick should hire someone for damage control. He said he should go into arena football for a couple years whil he gets his image rebuilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

how old is vick?

his suspension won't begin until he is released from prison and assuming its like 1 year for gambling and 1 year for player conduct.

thats at the earliest 3-4 years from now before he can even attempt to play again.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if this lets the Falcons out of (some) of Vick's contract, it's probably a good thing for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-Schuab trade, definitely.

Post-Schuab trade, still yes.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how old is vick?

his suspension won't begin until he is released from prison and assuming its like 1 year for gambling and 1 year for player conduct.

thats at the earliest 3-4 years from now before he can even attempt to play again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Testaverde was just signed by the Patriots at 43. But I see what you're saying and agree he's screwed himself.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his suspension won't begin until he is released from prison

[/ QUOTE ]

Pure speculation, no one knows this yet.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like common sense.
uh Mike while in prison, your not allowed to play NFL football k?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if this lets the Falcons out of (some) of Vick's contract, it's probably a good thing for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will depend on the contract, but the Falcons will probably go after the leftover prorated portion of Vick's signing bonus. And obviously they won't have to pay his salary.

The number $22M is being thrown around, but I don't think the Falcons can get all of that back, probably just the prorated portion of what's left.

I don't know whether those two things will still count against their cap.

As for whether it's good for them, in the short-term it's a disaster. Atlanta is going to be absolutely terrible without Vick. I've never been a big Vick supporter, but he's atleast a starting caliber quarterback - Joey Harrington is not.

In the long-run, it allows Atlanta to draft another franchise QB and completely rebuild an aging defense right now. If their new QB turns out better than Vick, Atlanta could potentially compete in 3 years or so and all of this will be a blessing. But even #1 overall quarterbacks are hit or miss, and if Atlanta screws up their rebuilding process, it could take a long time to get back to where they were, even if that was only mediocrity.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 PM

he's already got the herp, hopefully he gets the hiv in the slammer.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The number $22M is being thrown around, but I don't think the Falcons can get all of that back, probably just the prorated portion of what's left.

[/ QUOTE ]

They keep saying they need to keep him on the roster for 3 years to get that 22 million back. Seems weird.

It would be great for the Falcons to get rid of a huge salary being paid to an average at best player. As a Falcon fan, I'll trade a disaster 2007 in exchange for a first round QB pick and more money available.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like common sense.
uh Mike while in prison, your not allowed to play NFL football k?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is possible to serve his jail time and NFL suspension concurrently. If it happens that way is up to the commish.