Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What Percentage of your Net Worth is it?
0-20% 41 23.56%
20-40% 13 7.47%
40-60% 23 13.22%
60-80% 16 9.20%
80-100% 11 6.32%
BASTARD 70 40.23%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Commercials that make you NOT buy the product

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
those old quiznos commercials with the talking animal saying "we love the subs" or something. i will never eat there because of that annoying bastard

[/ QUOTE ]

You disrespect a sponge monkey in public again and we will have words sir.

WE HAVE A PEPPER BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

I can watch it for hours.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any commercial where they refer to a baby as "baby" rather then "your baby" "a baby" "the baby," ect.

Example: "Provides hours of fun for you and baby."

WTFFFFTTHETRHASHHACHACHACHACHACHACHCAAAAAAA!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

TYVM sir. I agree whole heartedly. F target and their baby registry for beating me to death with this.

Also I hate movie previews that we see 8 million times of the same part. Then I go to the goddamn movie and the ppl in the theater are laughing when it comes up. HOW MANY TIMES BEFORE ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE RETARDS?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone have commercials they hate so much that they don't ever buy the product?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything from a local business... Always bad, especially when the owner is the main/only character.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:50 AM

This one is a bit old, I don't know if they still play it anymore, but the Devry Institute of Technology (US/California based?) commercials are the WORST.

One of them is a commercial that has/had been on adult swim (cartoon network) for the pas year or even longer. The narration pretty much goes as follows: possibly obese 30 year old girl who has no hope of succeeding in life says stuff like "want to play the best video game ever? U CANT BECAUSE U HASNT CREATED IT YET!" And then she describes these video game programming courses at this second-rate vocational school while second rate video game screenshots and clips appear on your TV. At the end she then says something that was probably thought of as witty and intelligent at the time of creation for this commercial which is something like "you'd better hurry up and call, because if you're a gamer, you know what happens when you stand still." stfu ho, you know nothing of games.

Sigh.

Also the crappy low-budget commercials that come on to sell ringtones and wallpapers. The narration for this is TOTALLY out of place because it's some 50 year old dude who was probably the voiceover for the blue-screen informercials in the 90s saying stuff like "for..."WALKITOUT".. by DEE JAY UNK, text dsjfh3rfdsjf". The low-budgetness of the commercial and the fact that they're offering a service any 16 year old can do for himself tilts the hell out of me.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is this Jimmy John's commercial where this little red badge type dude is falling and screaming for like 30 seconds. Loud screaming for 30 seconds, and then he lands on a sandwich. Just awful. I don't know if I'll ever go there again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is particularly bad. I don't know WTF they are trying to do with that one. Good sammiches though--they are lucky I had one before I saw this commercial.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 AM

I would never eat at Applebee's again anyway because their food is teh suck and their service is horrible, but a couple of years ago during the NCAA tournament, they started running a commercial with these two douchebags singing about shrimp, to the tune of "Gilligan's Island."

I was watching the first day of the tournament at a sports bar with 8 TVs showing 8 different games, and it ran during every commercial break of all 8 games. I swear I must have had to watch that commercial 100 times in just a few hours.

By the end of the day I made a solemn vow to myself never to eat at Applebee's again and to murder those douchebags if I ever got the chance.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the dr. scholls gellin commercials are awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are not, they are the worst commercials ever, and I will fight anyone who disagrees with me.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 AM

I will never use whatever product those retarded cavemen are selling. If I could find out all the ads that spawned from the creative geniuses behind the retarded cavemen, I would boycott those too.

I've never seen a Sonic, so I can't refuse to go there because of the commercials, but I will steer clear given the option.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:02 AM

The guy from the Alltel commercials makes me want to kill. The only thing those commercials make me want to do is punch that smug bastard right in the face.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:25 AM

I'm writing down the names of you Sonic haters, and the next time I get really drunk, I'm going to find it, and then I'm going to ban all of you.