Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Do you tell ?

[ QUOTE ]
...thinking about going to Jack and telling him he needs to tell Mike or else others will...or doing same thing to Jill...

...force them to get it in the open

[/ QUOTE ]

is there some kind of finder's fee for getting people onto jerry or whatever?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:31 AM

Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...thinking about going to Jack and telling him he needs to tell Mike or else others will...or doing same thing to Jill...

...force them to get it in the open

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

My situation is a kind of the same, I don't deny that my buddy ''MIKE'' is a moron and mistreated his GF, she cheated on him 3 times though, He was an abused chick constantly forgiving her and blaming himslef though. I told him to cowboy up but it didn't help.

I was simply referencing the story since I found it ha d relevance to the situation of being put into a position to tell a friend about a cheating partner. It was the conclusion of all my friends that telling his GF and having her confront him was the best option.

Gamble,

Gogin to Jack will get you nowhere, in his opinion he likely undervalues how Mike might feel about Jill and think he did nothing wrong.

I would go see Jill, ask her how she feels about Mike and if she says she really likes him, confront her about what Jack told you, at that point tell her it's your obligation as a good friend to tell Mike, but coming from her it might actually make the best of the situation for her.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GambleGamble,

I had something happen to me that is about the same, I had a friend who went away to school, he brought his GF home and we all went out, Friend (Mike) Gets pissed drunk and kinda ignores his GF, she is drunk and gets mad (Amy)so Mike leaves the bar and leaves Amy behind, she is drunk and takes cab home with Greg (high school friend) he finger bangs her in the cab.

Next day he tells two friends, they come to me and tell me. I instantly know what I have to do, I know that Mike has to know.

I decided to call Amy and tell her I knew and that she had better tell mike or that I would.

Mike finds out I told her to do this. He is happy I did and told me he would want to know.

Cliff notes: Confront Jill tell her to tell Mike otherwise you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

That didn't work out so well here:

Just make sure Mike doesn't go boar hunting and you're probably okay, though.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:50 PM

Oddjob is 100% correct here. Although Jack and Mike were/are on the same friendship level with you, doesn't the fact that Jack has done this lower his moral colors to you?

You don't want to be taking sides you say, but I'd rather take sides with the person who *didn't* f*ck over my friend behind their back. Mike needs to know, whether it's from you or one of the two b*itches who got it on in the bathroom is another thing altogether. The whole thing is probably eating him up inside now anyway, since he probably suspects something happened, but she's lying to him, and Jack is a [censored].