Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: AC Laborday Week

[ QUOTE ]
The hotel wasn't really sketchy at all. It wasn't in the best part of town, but the hotel itself was fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
AC has a best part of town?

[ QUOTE ]
I'll save durron the trouble and say that I did pay $100 for a massage I never got because I overslept while in my car in the Borg parking garage. Awhoops.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL...no idea why you were sleeping in your car when you had a nice, secure hotel room.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The hotel wasn't really sketchy at all. It wasn't in the best part of town, but the hotel itself was fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
AC has a best part of town?

[ QUOTE ]
I'll save durron the trouble and say that I did pay $100 for a massage I never got because I overslept while in my car in the Borg parking garage. Awhoops.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL...no idea why you were sleeping in your car when you had a nice, secure hotel room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. All of AC is a dive. I expected it to be pretty ritzy. I was mistaken. Also, I had to sleep in my car Saturday morning because check in wasn't until 3:00.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 AM

Got into my Sister in Law's last night, was too wiped to come out yesterday.

I will be heading there at least one or two days this week (hence the title of the thread, labor day WEEK not labor day WEEKEND but w/e.

Is there a big tourney starting there on Wed?

I may head out tonight. Will pobably sit in the 2/5 game, but I only brought about $600 in cash to play with.

Oh, and my cell phone does not have any signal in the house here, so I was unable to call anyone this morning. (I did not even turn on the computer when I go here last night, I was too wiped).

Scott, when are you heading to the borg next?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:41 AM

Oh, another funny part. We get back to the hotel room late Saturday night around 1:30-2ish. The parking garage is full and I think durron's going to snap at the poor Russian parking attendant named Boris, who obviously is just doing his miserable job. So durron pulls into the parking lot to turn around and slams his rearview mirror right into the stop sign in the middle of the road. He's calling the attendant all sorts of bad names and I'm wondering if now is the time to jump out of the car and run for my life. durron finds a spot in front of the hotel and says "i'm going in to have some words with them." I made no effort to get out of the car, because frankly, I didn't feel like being an accessory to murder.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Scott, when are you heading to the borg next?

[/ QUOTE ]
sheesh, not sure, tonight maybe?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, another funny part. We get back to the hotel room late Saturday night around 1:30-2ish. The parking garage is full and I think durron's going to snap at the poor Russian parking attendant named Boris, who obviously is just doing his miserable job. So durron pulls into the parking lot to turn around and slams his rearview mirror right into the stop sign in the middle of the road. He's calling the attendant all sorts of bad names and I'm wondering if now is the time to jump out of the car and run for my life. durron finds a spot in front of the hotel and says "i'm going in to have some words with them." I made no effort to get out of the car, because frankly, I didn't feel like being an accessory to murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
durr is angered at the hotel because he cant drive goot?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
See...now this is like 1000x a better story than the one about sleeping in your car.

Durron, is life really as difficult as you're capable of making it?

Also RE: Boris...If you want premium service, you have to TIP people for it. Demanding things will not help.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 AM

Just so people don't think I had a miserable time and am bad-mouthing durron. Durr really is a good guy, and I enjoyed myself. But I think I take things a bit too seriously and get worked up over things that aren't that big of a deal. Durron takes my flaws in that area to an almost comical extreme. Maybe I'm just a pushover, and maybe my car isn't worth more than me, but I just would have rolled my eyes and parked on the street.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just so people don't think I had a miserable time and am bad-mouthing durron. Durr really is a good guy, and I enjoyed myself. But I think I take things a bit too seriously and get worked up over things that aren't that big of a deal. Durron takes my flaws in that area to an almost comical extreme. Maybe I'm just a pushover, and maybe my car isn't worth more than me, but I just would have rolled my eyes and parked on the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) if i'm paying for parking, i damn well better get a spot
2) my mirror isn't even scratched
3 (and most importantly)) there were no spots on the street, in case you forgot (remember when I drove around the block looking for a spot and there weren't any?)
4) you admitted yourself the area was pretty sketchy
5) lollerrific - why the hell would you stay sitting in the car when parked outside the hotel instead of going to the room?
6) is the main reason you went on this trip to find nasty things to post about me? are you trying to provoke me into telling all the stories about things you did?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 AM

im under the impression that right now this is all friendly banter between kyro and durr