Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: CONGRATULATION JERRY YANG!!!! 2007 main event CHAMP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations Jerry!

Jerry really owned the final table. Anybody playing and aggressive style like he did will have chip swings, he definately had some good luck, but he lost some big ones also.

I am amazed by the amount of posters that would not know a good person if they were right in front of them. I think many people here would have given him more respect if he had said he was going to spend the money on hookers and blow.

That is really really sad.

Jerry surely isn't the best player in poker today, but he had a great run, and played well enough to make it through many many hours of poker and run over a final table. Give the man some respect.

BTW also as a conservative, I am glad for someone like Jerry repping that not all poker players are the degenerate gamblers with questionable moral taste and no family values. Those folks can dominate msg boards like this and give us all a bad name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

Congrats Jerry! God Bless You and Best of Luck to you and your family. You seem like a good man and I hope you accomplish everything you want. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 03:10 PM

I like our new WSOP Champion! He will do just fine.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:11 PM

i thought only 1 player per hand... first chan and gold.. now yang and god.. ridiculous.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:11 PM

i am very angry with this guy and i dislike his wife even more, i think he needs to buy his wife some english lessons with the money, and i think he's going to hell with all that blasphemy
Old 07-18-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow this guy is really crazy, talking about praying for a 4 in the flop and then hitting it, he says (paraphrased) "I have seen proof of God's miracles"

mir·a·cle
Pronunciation[mir-uh-kuhl]
–noun
1. an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.

Silly Christian...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's got my miracle? I need a miracle! Puppy for a ticket!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM

Damn you haters! Now I realize why I lose all those 80-20's and 70-30's on PS. It's not the rigged flops, it's my lack of faith. I BELIEVE. Watch for me on the TLB.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought only 1 prayer per hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Congrats to this guy... I hated his guts until he started speaking after he won and my opinion instantly changed.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am very angry with this guy and i dislike his wife even more, i think he needs to buy his wife some english lessons with the money, and i think he's going to hell with all that blasphemy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, first these dirty foreigners come over and steal our God, and then they steal our poker championship as well. GO HOME YANG! GO HOME!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM

Yeah, no kidding. You know, if I'd gone from being a kid in a Thai refugee camp to living in America with EIGHT MILLION BUCKS I won in a poker tournament, you can bet your sweet ass I'd believe in God and be pretty f'in grateful to him.

Maybe some people think the guy's beliefs are a bunch of horsecrap. Who cares? He's not hurting anyone. If the worst thing that happens in the course of my day is that I have to listen to some guy praising Jesus a little too loudly, it wasn't a very bad day. For all anyone knows, you'd believe the exact same things if you had his life story instead of yours.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, no kidding. You know, if I'd gone from being a kid in a Thai refugee camp to living in America with EIGHT MILLION BUCKS I won in a poker tournament, you can bet your sweet ass I'd believe in God and be pretty f'in grateful to him.

Maybe some people think the guy's beliefs are a bunch of horsecrap. Who cares? He's not hurting anyone. If the worst thing that happens in the course of my day is that I have to listen to some guy praising Jesus a little too loudly, it wasn't a very bad day. For all anyone knows, you'd believe the exact same things if you had his life story instead of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen... err. I'm an atheist and still believe that this couldn't have happened to a better person. Religion works for some people and if it makes him out to be the grateful and generous person that he seems to be then more power to him.